U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-08-2009, 04:49 AM

515 posts, read 686,038 times
Default Broken hearted..

I just wanted to update everyone on this job situation in Great Falls, last Monday this company called and told DH that someone that already works for them has decided to take the position that DH applied for(basicaly was offered to then taken away.) So he would have to reconsider a different position for DH, basically he offered him a postion that was where he was a few yrs ago, back in service instead of managment, same pay as he is getting now, DH said no thanks. They told him that come spring if the economy is doing good then they will reconsider hiring him for a managers position but lets put things on hold as of now.
I don't think that him or I have ever been so sad, we were soooooo excited about this move. But I am gonna continue to job search and try to get to Montana....Thanks for everyones support in the past and hopefully something somewhere else will turn up!!!!!
amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:19 AM

6,259 posts, read 7,706,954 times
Wow, too bad. Better to find out now than when you are uprooted and here. Take a little sage advice, this is a terrible time to make a life change.

That said, the old, uncle, cousin, sister inlaw is often first in line here in Montana. Not complaining, just saying that is how it is.
I came here with a mile long resume and still had to sell myself to the nth degree.
That said I appreciate my job because I know what it took to get it
Work on getting out of debt and putting some away. Keep stopping by the porch.

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:31 AM

6,047 posts, read 6,028,386 times
If I were him I would take it, once your here it will be easier to up-grade to a better paying position.

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:52 AM

16,850 posts, read 19,624,542 times
I agree with Rickers. It's a slim chance, but a chance all the same.

What does husband see in the future with the company he's with? This would give him a chance to get into the company and then proove himself.

Unread 12-08-2009, 07:51 AM

317 posts, read 544,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
I just wanted to update everyone on this job situation in Great Falls, last Monday this company called and told DH that someone that already works for them has decided to take the position that DH applied for(basicaly was offered to then taken away.) So he would have to reconsider a different position for DH, basically he offered him a postion that was where he was a few yrs ago, back in service instead of managment, same pay as he is getting now, DH said no thanks. They told him that come spring if the economy is doing good then they will reconsider hiring him for a managers position but lets put things on hold as of now.
I don't think that him or I have ever been so sad, we were soooooo excited about this move. But I am gonna continue to job search and try to get to Montana....Thanks for everyones support in the past and hopefully something somewhere else will turn up!!!!!
amy
I'm sorry to hear the bad news Amy. It's hard being a job seeker.

I wouldn't recommend taking the lower level position. The company basically did a bait-and-switch manuver - offer a high up position to get someone excited, then offer them a much lower paying position. Of course, they might expect that your husband do the management portion anyway because they have great need and your husband is skilled (but continue the non-management pay). It's unfortuante when companies do that, but it does show the level of respect they have for their job candidates. I think your husband was used by the company to negotiate a better offer from their current employee (i.,e., we don't need to pay you what you want because we have someone chomping at the bit in Florida to take the job for xx,xxx!).

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM

473 posts, read 832,946 times
I am so sorry Amy. How disappointing.

Keep the faith, things will work out if they are meant to be.

Good luck to you and your family.

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:03 PM

216 posts, read 397,433 times
Sorry to hear it

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:10 PM

271 posts, read 244,478 times
What a shocker. I am SO sorry. I'm about to cry just thinking about it. I sure hope you guys can find something else, or some other way to get to MT. We are in the same boat sister...I am feeling your pain. Hang in there and I'll be praying something else opens up for you guys.

Unread 12-08-2009, 03:16 PM

515 posts, read 686,038 times
Thanks guys, I think that I am gonna talk to DH this guy really does like dh but this other guy has worked for him for 15 to 20 yrs and this company has offered him this position numberous times, arghhh it only upsets me most because he sent proposals and we were all looking for airline tickets to fly out so it was so close we could taste it, but like cedar said it really does show his loyalty for his employees! I am thinking that with some convincing on both part, if hubby is willing to do a little field work then most of the rest managemet, he told hubby if it were to happen now it would be 50% field and 50% project manager, I think that it might be possible to have them both consider a little more pay than now, and do 25% field and 75% project managment, I know that it won't take them long to figure out that he is more than worth it. He has had other job offers and some that payed alot more, but none of them felt as right as what this has. I am definatly keeping the faith and leaning super hard!!!!! Thanks as always and as said if its meant to be it will work itself out!! Your words and support are wonderful to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 12-09-2009, 08:49 AM

79 posts, read 143,686 times
Amy, I'm so sorry too but I gotta ask...did you ever tell your family you were moving? I laughed when you were talking about telling them because that's exactly where I was 6 years ago when I moved from Wisconsin to Washington!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana