Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 AM

299 posts, read 566,232 times

Advertisements

Worf has told me much about holidays on his home planet.. Hunting down a targ, and bringing it home to the " little " woman. ( you have to know Klingon women to get that one ).. Roasted targ, some fresh gach, and plenty of bloodwine .... and those little red potatoes...... AAAAAAAAAH, good times. Although I'm not too keen on their eggnog. They use the whole chicken. Probably cause that's easier than collecting the eggs.. Their chickens have three inch fangs and a bad temper.. Of course, name me anything Klingon that DOESN'T have a bad temper.. hahahahaha .. Sorry, another inside joke for 7/9.. I recently found out from Worf that Klingon children have to FIGHT santa for their toys .. No wonder they grow up so angry ....... I wonder if they've ever heard of festivus ........ SERENITY NOW!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS 7/9 ... that was for you.

tiberius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 07:40 AM

299 posts, read 566,232 times
Default Message from an old friend.....

Oh, 7/9, .. I forgot to mention.. Worf said to make sure you know that you and your family and friends are invited to his home ANYTIME you're in the area.. He remembers you well, and with much respect.. ( no small compliment from a Klingon ).. He even showed me a couple wounds you inflicted on him.. He carries the scars with pride because they're from another warrior.. He said this Montana that you come from must be a fine place, to produce people such as yourself.. He also left directions, in case you decide to visit.. let's see, where did I put that piece of paper..GOT IT.... " second star to the right, and straight on till morning"... Let me know if you go ..... I'd like to come along, too.

tiberius

Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 AM

355 posts, read 1,146,693 times
If you just can't get enough of all things both Klingon and Christmas, check this out: Klingon Christmas Carol -- Commedia Beauregard (http://www.cbtheatre.org/KCC2009/KCC2009-press.htm - broken link)

We're playing the game of trying to outguess the weather heading back to my wife's family in Minnesota. Couldn't get away from work to beat this storm, and we're thinking we might be out of luck heading into the brunt of it. Never know how to guess anymore with the weather bureau and highway dept. calling even a little blow a major storm. But there's not a lot to stop the wind between Billings and St. Cloud; if we could make that we'd have a decent time getting to Stillwater. Would like to be there for Christmas but don't want to be stupid about it.

Hope everyone had a good year and a better one to follow. Lots of us are not working so that's something to think about if we have not lost jobs or businesses. We've been amongst the lucky ones so far, and have tried to help others who are not. It's been a break even year, but I'll take that with so much of the nation reeling. Here's hoping the coming times spell an improvement. Keep our men and women in the military in mind, especially the ones overseas and in combat zones. This is an especially tough time for them being away from family.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/harleyspur1/ChristmasDitto.jpg?t=1261491997 (broken link)

Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
You know I think it has to do with who is cooking it.
some are better at it.
I think you're right, and I think it may also depend on how much exposure the fish had to the lye (yes, lutefisk is actually a form of soap ) One end of a chunk can be light and delicious, just right for bringing melted butter to your mouth (the REAL reason for lutefisk!) and the other end of the same chunk can greatly resemble rubber cement!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerider View Post
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Same to all!

<blink> Does the decoration on that house to the right say "DITTO" ??! Guess that saved 'em a lot of work putting up decorations

Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 AM

28 posts, read 51,779 times
Merry Christmas to everyone from over here is the UK

Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,651 times
Love the picture, Rangerider

Old 12-22-2009, 01:36 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Oh yes, Glogg!!
At first I thought you ment.
Bloodwine - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
I actually always thought that bloodwine was glogg! "Added sugar, served hot, highly intoxicating, most Klingons can't handle it..." Yup, that's it! Whatever your favorite hot beverage, I hope it'll spice up your Holiday season!

Old 12-22-2009, 06:38 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
You are the greatest forum friends.
Thank you for the quick trip to the stars.

And yes let us keep our service men and women in our hearts as we raise our glogg!
Hello to our visitor from the UK
Safe travels to all who are going to Grandma's house.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 AM

Wow, can you imagine rustyruth's photo as a 1000-piece puzzle? It would make a tough one!!

Tomorrow I am going to make the grand attempt with a turkey and stuffing. I have no clue what I'm doing so if you never hear from me again it's because I got Gobble-Gobble'd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: