U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,950 times
Default Single life in Kalispell?

Just wondering what the single/dating life for an early 30's male is like in Kalispell. I grew up in Montana but have been out of the state for about eight years. Would love to relocate back to Montana (Kalispell), but am a little concerned about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:51 PM

120 posts, read 225,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1709 View Post
Just wondering what the single/dating life for an early 30's male is like in Kalispell. I grew up in Montana but have been out of the state for about eight years. Would love to relocate back to Montana (Kalispell), but am a little concerned about this.
I can't answer your question as I know nothing of the single/dating life in Kalispell or anywhere else for that matter. But maybe I can offer some helpful hints about what "worked" for me.

I never did the single/dating thing at all. Instead, I simply spent a lot of time outside the house doing things I liked to do such as taking classes (you don't have to stop just because you're out of college) and various hobbies. With those hobbies that involved other people, I would invariably meet a few here and there, now and then, that I would become friends with.

I find that getting to know the person beforehand, in a non-dating environment, to be a great way to meet potential dates. When you're on a date, people are often fake. They're putting their best foot forward. They're holding back on how they really feel. Is this date a person you would spend time with in any other situation? It can be hard to tell until you've been dating them for a while.

Approaching it the other way, by becoming friends first, sort of automatically weeds out those you probably don't want anything to do with anyway. If, after spending time with you, I don't like you enough so that we become friends, then I probably wouldn't want to go on a date with you anyway.

Anyway, just some thoughts and a bump to your post until someone gives a more direct answer.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 AM

6,044 posts, read 6,083,846 times
I think the best way to meet people (as in looking for a mate) is to find them in the people all around you, like at work, through friends and in the neighborhood.
Depending on your lifestyle, in Kalispell I think you may be stuck with two choices, Bars and churches.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,634 times
I spent 20+ years in Kalispell (single and dating) and didn't take much notice of anything positive or negative about the area when it came to dating.

I do know that I had a great time and always seemed to be surrounded by good company.

I am back in the area often, last time was about 3 weeks ago. I did a couple of nights out hitting the bars, a couple new places I just had to go see.
Now I view the area differently than when I was living there on a full time basis. The place is a flood of 20 to 30 something year olds and most seem to be more attractive than I generally see in other areas I have, and am currently living in. I think it is due to more of the residents being some what outdoor oriented and consequently in better physical shape. I'm a sucker for a active hard body...

I think many people may be much like myself, when living in an area you sorta take some things for granted. Such as the quality of people surrounding you everyday.

Just so you know, I am comparing Kalispell or the Flathead Valley in general to Seattle, Tampa FL and Anchorage AK., these are places I frequent and date.

As you may have figured by now, yes, I am getting some years on me, and yes, I'll never marry because I enjoy dating way too much. And in closing, yes I'm now considered an old perv simply due to my attraction to that "give or take" 30 something year old hard body. So, taking all factors into consideration, as a self proclaimed professional at dating I rate the Flathead high on the chart for for the age group you mention. In fact, it's pretty much a high quality smorgasbord. Best of luck and don't hesitate with your ventures ms1709, you won't be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana