U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:47 AM

14 posts, read 23,681 times
Default We're moving to Montana

Hi everyone, I'm happy to say that we're moving to Montana in about 5 weeks. The Butte, Livingston and surrounding areas.. Any input on rentals in this area would be very helpful and appreciative.
Thanks in advance
Jamie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 AM

216 posts, read 425,678 times
Welcome, I hope you enjoy it! Can't help on the rentals as I'm moving to a different area but good luck anyway.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,124,421 times
You may wish to refine your search a little as Butte is roughly 120 miles from Livingston, with the towns of Whitehall, Three Forks, Trident, Logan, Manhattan, Belgrade and Bozeman in between. (that is just staying on the most direct route between those two points)

Pretty large area.

If you have a specific town or area it would make it a lot easier to answer you. If you have a job lined up in a specific town someone could probably give you advise on that town and the surrounding places.

Good Luck.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:22 AM

1,799 posts, read 1,842,496 times
I've not visited Butte before, but Livington's a cute little town. Good luck..

Old 02-11-2010, 04:55 AM

Thanks everyone, I can't pinpoint a place because I'm not 100% sure. We will stay at a motel until we find something. The towns above are the area we we're looking at on the map. We did live in Bozeman about 10 years ago. I've been searching classifieds and trying to find local newspapers. May even end up outside the Helena area. My husband is a remodeler, So hopefully he will be able to find some work . I also looked into the Hamilton area,(Bitter root valley) But was hoping to get in the towns outside the Butte area.
I know it sounds confusing.. But I know it will work out.. Thanks in advance Jamie

Old 02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
GLS

1,990 posts, read 3,406,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjamie View Post
Thanks everyone, I can't pinpoint a place because I'm not 100% sure. We will stay at a motel until we find something. The towns above are the area we we're looking at on the map. We did live in Bozeman about 10 years ago. I've been searching classifieds and trying to find local newspapers. May even end up outside the Helena area. My husband is a remodeler, So hopefully he will be able to find some work . I also looked into the Hamilton area,(Bitter root valley) But was hoping to get in the towns outside the Butte area.
I know it sounds confusing.. But I know it will work out.. Thanks in advance Jamie
You didn't mention if you already have a job lined up. Based upon your statement that: "My husband is a remodeler, So hopefully he will be able to find some work .", it doesn't sound like he has a job. It will still be Winter when you move and construction isn't exactly booming.

If neither one of you has secured employment, and you are not sure of the town you are moving to, how are you going to survive once you get there? Note: I am not trying to be negative, just trying to gauge how realistic your planning is.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Thanks, No prob. We've sold our home here, So will be fine and comfortable ,while waiting for spring. This will be a journey for our family.We plan to take a few back roads and take our time on the trip.We already have a few homes lined up to look at in certain areas. We we're just trying to get any helpful info for our trip. Thanks, Jamie

Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,450,311 times
Whitehall is between Butte and Bozeman, a very small town with milder weather then either Butte or Bozeman, and easy access to the Interstate. Be aware that the wind blows constantly in Livingston, which can get annoying, unless you like being in the wind all the time. I know people who live in Whitehall and commute to work in Butte.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 AM

Thanks, like I said we lived in Bozeman about 10 years ago. Actually my son was born there. We loved it. And we had handful of sweet friends , & being near Bozeman this is definitely a town that I will jot down for my hubby. Thanks again. appreciate it.
Jamie

Old 02-12-2010, 03:23 PM

352 posts, read 688,874 times
Right now it is really a renter's market in the Bozeman area; the paper has page after page and prices have dropped considerably from two years ago.

The job market has picked up just a little, but is still kinda slow, especially compared to the breakneck pace of the last ten or fifteen years. Quite a few businesses in the Bzn/Lvn are gone, others struggling. But we're still reasonably good when you look at the big picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana