Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,664 times

Advertisements

I am 22 years old and live in California. It is time for me to spread my wings, leave the nest and start a new life. But I even at this age am tired of living in California. I have been thinking about places to move to, start a new life and live in. Currently I have my eyes set on Montana. I am a outdoors man who loves to go hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and so on. I hope to one day own a large track of land upwards of 20 acres, with 100 being the highest. I would like to live in a woodsy/mountain area.

Don't worry about coaching the young kid on life and how it will take me a while before I can get enough money to get that kind of land. I was planning on moving into a town, living in an apartment or renting a place, getting a job and working up from there. But my question however is, would this state be a good place for a guy who wants to live in a mixture of plains and mountains, who plans on hunting, fishing and camping a lot of his time? Also what city would be a good place for a kid like me to start out?

Any other states you could also suggest as places I should look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 10:20 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,624,948 times
Hello
As always we ask about your employment, what are you looking for?
Young and single, you got the world by the tail

Old 02-16-2010, 01:18 AM

17 posts, read 51,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Hello
As always we ask about your employment, what are you looking for?
Young and single, you got the world by the tail
I agree with that one. What town you want to live in also can hinge on the size of community you are looking at. Are you from a bigger city in California or more of a "rural" kind of guy? Obviously you love the outdoors so I may be answering my own question.

There are many small towns in Montana that are nestled nicely against the mountains. Which might be what you are looking for as you like to do all the outdoor activities. The downside of this is jobs in the smaller areas are hard to come by and don't pay that great.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 PM

8 posts, read 18,331 times
have you considered colorado?

Old 02-27-2010, 10:23 AM

30 posts, read 59,923 times
Helena has an up and coming younger crowd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana