Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:53 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruffles View Post
There's a rule about giving the right away to the person there first and if you get there about the same time the person on your right has the right away.
But still...
Heck in Philadelphia whoever can make it first through the stop has the right of way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 08:45 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,559,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Oh yeah by the way ever any wrecks from high speed drivers also?
I've never been in an accident in my life, although I've only been driving for 8 years now. Of course, I don't tailgate or weave in and out of traffic or anything like that; I just go fast on straight-aways with little to no traffic around (which is 99% of the time in MT)

Old 06-06-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
I've never been in an accident in my life, although I've only been driving for 8 years now. Of course, I don't tailgate or weave in and out of traffic or anything like that; I just go fast on straight-aways with little to no traffic around (which is 99% of the time in MT)
Ya well just watch out for the livestock road crossings...it'd be a shame with an Audi and all;

Old 06-08-2007, 07:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Drivers here are a litte bit better than most other places I've been, less agressive but that is changing as more people move here. Then there are the tourists, we have a lot of Canadians here and sometimes I think they are driving in kilometers not mph. Either they go like heck (45 in a 25) or they go slooow (55 in a 70). The biggest problem that I see here is that people won't move out of the way. If you are cruising in the fast lane and come up on someone they tend to just sit there even though nobody is in the slow lane. The other one is if you are trying to pull out onto the highway people refuse to move into the other clear lane to let you out. There could be no other cars on the road except the one coming in the lane you want to turn out in and they just pay no attention. Those little issues are still way better than people speeding up so you can't change lanes, tailgaiting, mass road rage etc. Most people here are not in such a big hurry as everywhere else, they figure they will get there eventually so it is a lower stress environment (except in the bigger cities and watching for deer outside towns).

Old 06-08-2007, 03:14 PM

777 posts, read 3,197,650 times
Heck, folks here in So Cal drive like they are Nascar drafting, during those rare times when traffic is light. Nothing like looking in your rear view doing 80 to 90 and seeing nothing but the other drivers face, because he/she is so close to you.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 PM

79 posts, read 262,292 times
My husband is a Truck Driver.He used to longhaul all over the USA but now local.He says that driving 93 and the Flathead Valley is the "hairest" driving hes ever done Im just saying........................................

Old 06-08-2007, 06:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debee View Post
My husband is a Truck Driver.He used to longhaul all over the USA but now local.He says that driving 93 and the Flathead Valley is the "hairest" driving hes ever done Im just saying........................................
I used to as well, I think what he is talking about is that most of the people that have been here awhile don't know how to A: merge with traffic B: drive at a constant speed and C: deal with road construction. That being said, I have never in my years of driving found such polite and thoughtful people when it comes to approaching a construction zone. Normally you see the arrows for a lane closed ahead and while there is a line in the correct lane there are tons of people who try to beat everyone by driving right up until they are forced to move over causing a big traffic jam. Until just recently when the sign said lane closed people moved right over way before and no one ran down the now empty lane. How refreshing! It does tell you who hasn't been here long though... (the ones doing the race to the closure).

Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,161 times
Default drivers

........and pass on dbl yellow lines,corners,and race like hell to be first at a merging lane.all things seen daily to and from work

Old 06-09-2007, 01:05 AM

1,153 posts, read 4,559,266 times
They must all be Californians.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 AM

Heck they do that in NJ too,I thought they invented it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana