Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Monterey County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 PM

47 posts, read 135,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGWoochie View Post
So I came out and only found one rental lead and I think I'm gonna take it. It's in the Carmel valley village about 2 miles from tularcitos elementary. I am a bit nervous about rural living and constant driving. Will be commuting to Salinas. Looking for thoughts on Carmel valley living. Thanks!
Didn't live there but my work route was the village for several years.

Climate is very un-Monterey. Little fog to speak of, often very warm in the summer. The swimming pool at the youth center is super nice, I'd take my family there often.

The commute will be Carmel Valley Road -> Los Laureles Grade -> highway 68. Not a bad drive (but I drove it every day going to work) but better than Pacific Grove to Salinas.

Saddens me to see that a lot of stores have turned wine-centered. Oak Deli was my favorite lunching place. At least The Running Iron is still The Running Iron. If the rest of the village businesses don't have what you want, more mainstream retail is skip to mid valley.

You are lucky to find a place that meets the need, in a very beautiful area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Monterey County