U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Monterey County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-17-2016, 08:47 PM
 
25 posts, read 21,853 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Any suggestions on great realtors to work with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2016, 08:59 PM
 
Location: TOVCCA
8,453 posts, read 11,313,334 times
Reputation: 12294
Are you buying? Because in CA, realtors generally don't find rentals for people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 09:06 PM
 
25 posts, read 21,853 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Are you buying? Because in CA, realtors generally don't find rentals for people.
Oh wow, didn't realize that! We are a military family that will be renting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 09:24 PM
 
Location: TOVCCA
8,453 posts, read 11,313,334 times
Reputation: 12294
Yeah, you're on your own. Craigslist, Hotpads, Padmapper, Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, etc.--the online route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 10:26 PM
 
25 posts, read 21,853 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Yeah, you're on your own. Craigslist, Hotpads, Padmapper, Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, etc.--the online route.
Ok, thanks for the info! The search continues!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Mountains of Oregon
15,266 posts, read 17,651,115 times
Reputation: 10559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetie123 View Post
Ok, thanks for the info! The search continues!
I grew up an Army brat. Years ago we lived on Fort Ord in Stilwell Park, on Bataan Road.

I might be wrong but i believe some homes on Fort Ord are still rented to military families & civilians. It's about eighty mile to Hunter Liggett, though. A friend of mine was then living in Camp Roberts.

Fort Ord is in between Marina & Seaside/Monterey. Just a mile or two on each side of Fort Ord to these towns.. The ocean is right there across the highway.

Early mornings i rode my Lambretta motor scooter into Monterey to work at Roller Chevrolet, then i went to school at Monterey High.

I used to drive past Hunter Liggett quite often because i drove along Jolon Road to go fishing at Nacimiento Lake (we caught bass, catfish, crappie). We fished at San Antonio Lake, nearby ( we caught bass, catfish, red ear perch). We fished some of the ponds on the back side of Hunter Liggett...

Arroyo Seco is a pretty rural place to live by the river, but there isn't any town or school right there. It's not too far from Greenfield.

Best of Luck to y'all finding your place...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 05:51 AM
 
25 posts, read 21,853 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I grew up an Army brat. Years ago we lived on Fort Ord in Stilwell Park, on Bataan Road.

I might be wrong but i believe some homes on Fort Ord are still rented to military families & civilians. It's about eighty mile to Hunter Liggett, though. A friend of mine was then living in Camp Roberts.

Fort Ord is in between Marina & Seaside/Monterey. Just a mile or two on each side of Fort Ord to these towns.. The ocean is right there across the highway.

Early mornings i rode my Lambretta motor scooter into Monterey to work at Roller Chevrolet, then i went to school at Monterey High.

I used to drive past Hunter Liggett quite often because i drove along Jolon Road to go fishing at Nacimiento Lake (we caught bass, catfish, crappie). We fished at San Antonio Lake, nearby ( we caught bass, catfish, red ear perch). We fished some of the ponds on the back side of Hunter Liggett...

Arroyo Seco is a pretty rural place to live by the river, but there isn't any town or school right there. It's not too far from Greenfield.

Best of Luck to y'all finding your place...
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
 
25 posts, read 21,853 times
Reputation: 10
Still shopping for house rentals.
How is Morro Bay as a place to live? Is it a family friendly town with family friendly communities? How are the schools (Morro Bay High, Los Osos Middle)? How close is it to shopping (WalMart, department stores - a mall is not a necessary requirement).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 11:20 AM
 
25 posts, read 21,853 times
Reputation: 10
Are there areas of Paso Robles to stay away from? I heard there were areas with a lot more crime than others? True or false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
 
Location: On the water.
12,474 posts, read 7,356,672 times
Reputation: 10012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetie123 View Post
Still shopping for house rentals.
How is Morro Bay as a place to live? Is it a family friendly town with family friendly communities? How are the schools (Morro Bay High, Los Osos Middle)? How close is it to shopping (WalMart, department stores - a mall is not a necessary requirement).
I split my retirement residences between San Diego and Morro Bay. MB is outstanding. Completely. Unless you are a teenager. Or an adult who likes big shopping / entertainment

Quiet. Scenic. Quaint. Ultra safe. Fantastic beaches. Hiking. And 12 miles to SLO gets you most everything you'd want from civilization.

Depends on your kids. If they're into surfing, they might adapt okay. But it is Q.U.I.E.T.

Also, did I mention it's a quiet town?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Monterey County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top