Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 PM

99 posts, read 375,522 times

Advertisements

After about a year of thinking, planning, and saving, I'm now enrolled in the UQàM summer language immersion courses for July and August.

I'll be spending six weeks in Montréal with a host family while I try and improve my French from 9am to 2pm five days a week.

Oh... and I convinced one of my classmates to sign up too (as our school's preferred French study-abroad is in Montpellier, France, but everyone who has gone says that they are completely disorganized and unhelpful at the university in Montpellier).

So... Montréal residents... what should I check out every day while I'm there? Any favorite places/hangouts/etc. ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 01:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Just walk around
MONTREAL - Living in a North American Gem of a City

St Cathrine St.
St Denis St.
St Laurent St.
Crescent St.
The Old Port Area
The underground city is a novel way to get around without going outside its basically just 32km of mall.
Hiking on the mountain.

The Independent Traveler Travel Forums: Canada (http://www.independenttraveler.com/community/topten.cfm?ID=13 - broken link)

You can get just about anywhere in the city by bus or metro or rent a bicycle from one of hundreds of Bixi Bike stands which basically gives you a bicycle for as long as you like,just swipe a credit card and off you go.
http://www.bixi.com/home

Last edited by jambo101; 04-15-2011 at 01:54 AM..

Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM

9 posts, read 69,617 times
Hey Kristan,

Congratulations!!
Montreal's awesome for students and youngsters! If you like to eat, party and have tons activities, this is the place.
I like to refer people to : Traveller | Tourism Montreal
During the week, we go lounging after work, anywhere on Crescent, St-Laurent (quite posh) or Outremont and Mile-End for coffee.
During summer, there are plenty of festivals and sidewalk sales.
On Sundays, whenever sunny, I like to go hang out with my friends at Mt-Royal Park. But we really take our sweet time and just stop at any store we see along the Mt-Royal Avenue leading there. If cupcakes are your thing, you must go to Les petits Gateaux.... best cupcakes EVER. They usually run out of the coconut ones too T_T
Saturdays? Party. Of course. Places: Downtown, St-Laurent, Crescent.
Hope this helps you a bit.
Bienvenue à Montréal.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,019,680 times
Congratulations! Montreal is fantastic place to be as a young person in the summertime. You will have a blast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal