Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 03:26 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I've always found Montreal to FEEL hotter than Toronto during the summer... Not sure what it is.
This is some interesting information I found.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ne...r-cities/52023

Apparently Montreal is slightly more humid than Toronto in the summer (1.64 kPA vs. 1.62 kPA) and Waterloo slightly above that at 1.66 kPA. The difference is so minimal that it is safe to say Montreal and the Toronto area are just about equally humid. But Windsor is another story, that is extremely humid at 1.79 kPA and it has the most humid summers in the country.

In terms of hottest summer temperatures, Toronto has an average high of 25.38 C but Montreal (which is basically the same as Saint-Hyacinthe, Que) is about 25.21 C. So the difference in summer temperature is so minimal as well. When you add everything together, you can say Montreal and Toronto have identical summers and you won't notice a difference. I am surprised Ottawa wasn't in the list at all, but I'm sure it's very similar as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 11:44 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,228 times
How about last Wednesday and Thursday?

Thursday especially, I thought I was going to melt; it was that awful. I couldn't sleep during that heat/humidity slop.

We don't have A/C, we run fans.

Are Montreal summers really that hot?

I had the fan running but I couldn't sleep due to the nasty heat, I sweated copiously and kept drinking water, which made me get up to relieve myself, of course, and then my damp body stuck to my sleeping surface. Toss and turn and stick. Toss and turn and stick.

Thank goodness I wasn't trying to sleep on a leather or vinyl couch! I would have liquefied right into the piece of furniture, I swear, and would have become one with it.

I was miserable. And without sleep, I transform from a sweet little old lady into a mega

Friday the 'cold' front moved in and I finally caught up on my sleep. I woke up feeling much better yesterday morning.

We had copious amounts of rain yesterday, and this morning the formerly dry straw in the park across the street from where I live has begun to turn green.

Have I mentioned that I don't like summer?

I know, I know...the old saying. "Montreal has two seasons. July and winter."

(and August)

Old 08-14-2016, 03:55 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
How about last Wednesday and Thursday?

Thursday especially, I thought I was going to melt; it was that awful. I couldn't sleep during that heat/humidity slop.

We don't have A/C, we run fans.
I'm just wondering, do most Montreal homes not have A/C? I've heard somewhere that A/C is rare because of the age of the buildings or something like that. Is that true?

Old 08-14-2016, 09:36 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,173,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I'm just wondering, do most Montreal homes not have A/C? I've heard somewhere that A/C is rare because of the age of the buildings or something like that. Is that true?
Unless you live in a newer high rise condo, most residential buildings (even newly built or renovated ones) don't have central A/C. However, wall-mounted and window units are very common. In many newer and renovated buildings you will see these wall-mounted units installed in the living room:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal