Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:35 PM

15 posts, read 29,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Getting the whole story might be a bit tough as the op hasnt posted on the forum for a few years/
Good catch! I didn't notice that before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
I know this thread is old but I have an idea, leave luciouseyes alone and stop ganging up on her you *******s. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with you people on here? Do you not have any morals? When someone immigrates illegally it hurts Canadian citizens and workers by stealing jobs and/or collecting welfare illegally from your tax dollars and everyone is required by law to inform the authorities if someone commits a crime and if you don't you can be charged for that. So ya,basically when you're encouraging her to not contact the authorities over an illegal immigrant you are encouraging her to break the law. Of course its important to have empathy for others and to be tolerant but so many people in this country go overboard with their liberal views and have sense of identity or culture at all, ask anyone from another country and they'll tell you. Its people like you who make me ashamed to call myself a Canadian. Luciouseyes, forget these people just ignore their ignorant and foolish comments, you just keep standing up for what's right, good on you!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:15 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,638,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Hope I'm not inappropriately injecting my American point of view here, but the responses (from those I presume to be mostly from Canadians) are as different as night and day, if this question were to be asked on an American forum.

Our neighbors to the north are awesome and I do feel they are a lot more tolerant and that's awesome of them. I'm NOT against immigrants and heck, I know and work with some illegal immigrants here in the U.S. I don't want to report them and have no reason to since most of them are in the process of becoming legal and are generally extremely hard working and they are happy enough just to be here and do just that: Work.

The problem with our illegal immigration here in the U.S. is that we face much bigger threats and we have HUGE, HUGE problem. Canada is a country of an estimated 40-50 million compared to the U.S. population of 300 million are so. Since Mexico and Central American countries are so much closer to the U.S., many of them opt to settle here as opposed to Canada, though a good number will keep going north to Canada and settle at the more western provinces (British Columbia, Alberta).

Besides the hordes of illegal immigrant that poor into the U.S. illegally from Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala; a lot of them are also involved with the barbaric drug cartels that have overtaken Central America and much of Mexico and then operate within. Plain and simply there's just TOO many illegal immigrants and far too many of them are partaking in illegal activity.

When I put myself in the position of the illegal immigrants, I can understand where they are coming from because I would be itching, scratching, digging my way to pursue a much better life and opportunity. Unfortunately, we have a much bigger immigration issue than than Canada. Canada is a lovely country but they having 300 plus people in your country than millions more who are trying to sneak in illegally, that's going to create A LOT of issues and tension.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:42 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,451,713 times
A few facts.

The actual population of Canada....is 34 million people. That makes our population about 90 percent SMALLER than the US's population. That makes our Immigration policies quit a bit different, as you might imagine. Canada has only ONE neighbour, that we share a border with.... The USA.

For a person to get into Canada, without having all ready applied for Immigration approval, means that they either came in from the USA, or they flew here from another country. Obviously, to be able to get on a International flight, the person MUST have a valid Passport, or they can't get on a flight, to any where.

The geography of Canada helps us to be somewhat insulated from illegals. As a matter of fact, the country that supplies the most illegals , in Canada, is the USA. Why ?

Simple, US citizens can legally enter Canada, as VISITORS, with out the need for a Visa. They overstay, and TRY to land a job here in Canada, BUT without having a legal work permit, they cannot be hired by a Canadian employer. They get tripped up because in Canada, not having a work permit is going to mean that they can't rent a place to live, open a bank account, go to college, use the health care system, get a credit card, send their kid to school, and all of the other every day stuff that being legally in Canada allows you to do.

We actually enforce our immigration rules. What a concept, eh ?

Canada deports thousands of people every year.

Jim B. In Toronto.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,579 times
you guys are impossible it is still considered a crime what he is doing,
yes it is understandable it isnt right but it has to be done. people illegally working in any country it is
committing fraud and cheating the government, its just a matter of time that he gets caught. its better not the later the longer he stays the longer the years he will not be able to enter it goes from 2-6 years.
what i think this person should do is report this person to immigration. yes these immigrants are people too but that doesnt give them the right, and because of those immigrants people are getting cheated by them, and that gives people like us the reason to report. im sorry to those who think wrongly.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:04 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annoymoussssss View Post
you guys are impossible it is still considered a crime what he is doing,
yes it is understandable it isnt right but it has to be done. people illegally working in any country it is
committing fraud and cheating the government, its just a matter of time that he gets caught. its better not the later the longer he stays the longer the years he will not be able to enter it goes from 2-6 years.
what i think this person should do is report this person to immigration. yes these immigrants are people too but that doesnt give them the right, and because of those immigrants people are getting cheated by them, and that gives people like us the reason to report. im sorry to those who think wrongly.
If the op hasnt thought the topic was worth commenting on in 3 years why should any one else care about it. call the cops if you care that much about some one being in the country illegally.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:14 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If the op hasnt thought the topic was worth commenting on in 3 years why should any one else care about it.
Because it is the OP.

Last edited by Stoke; 11-06-2014 at 03:05 PM..

Old 11-06-2014, 02:15 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,436,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Because it is the OP.
haha

Old 11-11-2014, 10:25 PM

471 posts, read 621,299 times
He needs a job, mind your own business.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:45 PM

3 posts, read 2,356 times
I think the best option leave him alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal