U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 10:14 PM

127 posts, read 219,342 times

Advertisements

December is not that and 250 $ is not that expensive to get your self out of this situation, maybe the guy who is doing this for you is on a way to be deported too so he is taking on everyone as a hobbit.
with la regie du logement you can open a case but the time you will be scheduled a hearing your lease will end anyhow.
the cops will be a better option if he keeps slamming the doors this way , they gonna talk to him .
don't cry , watch a comedy and go to sleep everything will be fine soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 04:36 AM

34,230 posts, read 41,219,007 times
Your current lodgings sound a bit dodgy, i'd pack my stuff and just leave, i doubt the landlord will do much about it,
move in with a room mate, or rent a room, never mention your previous landlord to any future landlords.

montreal rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist

If you dont want to just walk away at least lodge a complaint with the regie de lodgement.
http://www.rdl.gouv.qc.ca/en/accueil/carte.asp
And if your downstairs neighbor is doing what you say he;s doing i;d also lodge a complaint with the local police dept.. and next time your neighbor is making a big ruckus/noise call the cops so they can actual see and hear whats going on, and tell them you fear for your wellbeing as the neighbor is liable to exact retribution for your actions.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:22 AM

21,769 posts, read 27,174,766 times
I don't want to seem insensitive but four years should be long enough to pick up enough conversational French to be able to work in a store and deal with the public.

I had dinner with a friend over the weekend who is eastern European and moved here 5 years ago with no French at all. He works in French all day and can crack jokes in French with references from Quebec TV shows.

And it's not as if not not knowing a language is an unchangeable status. It's like not knowing how to a ride a bike. Or not knowing how to cook food.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 AM

21,907 posts, read 23,468,464 times
I don't understand how you haven't been able to move out in four years given how hellacious this all is. Is there anything else going on? There has to be some other kind of constraints if for four years you were unable to get ahold of the owner of the building nor find another place to move to.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 09-09-2013 at 11:21 AM..

Old 09-09-2013, 10:47 AM

247 posts, read 430,958 times
My advice (if you're real)? Go to a library with an internet connection and no cameras (don't use your own computer), and look up revenge tactics. If the authorities won't help you, you need to beat them at their own game. Sometimes the only way to stop a bully is to bully them harder. You're lucky, in the old days before the internet, we had to learn this stuff on our own, or through hard-to-find books. Look up things like the chicken bomb, stuff that won't hurt anyone but will be very annoying. And don't admit to trying anything here. [This advice is for entertainment purposes only. ;-)]

Old 09-09-2013, 12:50 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,967,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don't understand how you haven't been able to move out in four years given how hellacious this all is. Is there anything else going on? There has to be some other kind of constraints if for four years you were unable to get ahold of the owner of the building nor find another place to move to.
She tried. Evidently two hundred places turned her away.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:25 PM

127 posts, read 219,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
it's a question of being qualified or no , it's not a question of number of places she tried .
if you have a low income you can try 1000 times with no results , especially the area she come from (around Vandom) is notorious for having expensive apartments (still don't know why) in her case renting a room in a shared house will be the best option.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 PM

21,907 posts, read 23,468,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
She tried. Evidently two hundred places turned her away.
Which points to a lot of other context missing here.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:13 PM

13,305 posts, read 21,856,225 times
As the upstairs neighbor, I'd say you have the upper hand in being a pest to an adjacent tenant. If you haven't been able to figure out even one way in four years how to get revenge on a neighbor who lives underneath you, that says more about you than him.

Your best bet is to just ride it out and leave, or just leave.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:49 AM

15,087 posts, read 11,967,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzz View Post
it's a question of being qualified or no , it's not a question of number of places she tried .
if you have a low income you can try 1000 times with no results , especially the area she come from (around Vandom) is notorious for having expensive apartments (still don't know why) in her case renting a room in a shared house will be the best option.
I know a young woman on welfare with two kids and three cats and she found a new place within a week in Cote St Luc. I can't imagine being refused 200 times, unless you're shopping around in Westmount on the hill, where rents start at about 5 grand a month, if not more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or