Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 05:12 AM

29 posts, read 90,042 times

Advertisements

hey guys

Recently, i've looked at options with regards to studying in montreal. I do not have a pre-university qualification, so that rules me out to apply to universities. However, i understand i do have a choice of going to a CEGEP to do a 2 year pre-uni program, then apply to a university after. I was schooled under the british system, so currently i have a GCE O level certificate or GCSE to show for, which i've read that CEGEPs accept. I am currently 21 and will be 22 when i finish my military service. Do CEGEPs look at an applicant's age/have an age restriction? or are there students of various ages?

Also, i've heard from one or two that the asians in montreal generally dont get treated very well. Is racism well and alive in montreal? In general, how do any of you rate the level of "discrimination" in montreal against asians and minorities in general?

Thank you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,099,295 times
If discrimination against Asians exists in Montreal i've never seen it.Very large enrollment of Asians in all English schools and Universities.
I dont have any answers for your questions about CEGEPS but i'm sure if you contact one of them they will be happy to answer your questions,There are many CEGEPS in the Montreal area and doing a google search titled "Montreal CEGEPS" will give you a full list
I'd recommend contacting the Dawson college as its the largest English .CEGEP Dawson College -- Home
And its conveniently located in the downtown core of the city,my oldest daughter enjoyed her experience at Dawson and my youngest daughter is planning to attend in the 2011 school year.

Last edited by jambo101; 06-27-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal