Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 02:31 PM

3,160 posts, read 2,563,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitenexus View Post
I went to Canada's immigration site and a few others and checked their point system for the skilled worker program. 67 points is required to pass, and by the time I turn 41 I should be at 77 points assuming I get my French up to a basic level (which will be very easy to do in 2 years). That makes me feel a bit more confident about this. And I was fairly conservative, I might actually score a few points higher in a couple categories. I think my best plan of action right now is to save every penny I can, work hard at gaining as much knowledge as possible at my job to help get employment there, and start working on my French.

I'd like to thank everyone again for your replies. This has all been very helpful. I'll find my way into Canada somehow, hopefully Montreal.

One more question - Is it particularly hard to find a job that will hire a non-citizen? Having employment will be required for me to get there.
Depends on the job, but the IT sector always has openings and they do select a good amount of non-citizens. Anything with IT/Tech/AI/Gaming/Aerospace/Biomedical is always easy for new comers to get to be honest, mainly since we're a global hub for those industries and the demand is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 03:43 PM

2,119 posts, read 1,235,322 times
Good luck OP with your future.
Not knowing your health issues, perhaps someone knowledgeable might give you more insight of Quebec's two-tier healthcare system.
I am almost 99% out of the woods now. And my cancer treatments and surgeries were all taken care of by the Province. Even my medication is free and delivered right to my doorstep.
https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/upl...forgraphic.jpg

Old 04-23-2021, 04:02 PM

20 posts, read 27,562 times
No real health issues, just some arthritis from my Army days. I try to take good care of myself. Wife has no major health issues either, just some asthma.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:11 PM

541 posts, read 888,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
While I agree with you about the underfunding of the healthcare system here, don't pretend that the U.S has handled Covid better, cause the U.S has dealt with the same issues as us, just at a much larger scale.
I never said that. Compliance with health orders and the quality of medical care are two separate issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal