Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 07:49 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,306,374 times

Advertisements

Snowdon is another good area near Westmount and NDG. You have everything nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 10:01 AM

20 posts, read 71,601 times
Hi @jmurraymitch,
You said "you can look at Wesmount (expensive)", whats expensive there, is it the renting or other things,
Can you help us with the advantages and disadvantages of living in westmount...
After checking the houses in this area, I felt in love with it.
Are accounting jobs easy to get here,
Is is ideal for kids,
Are markets close-by,
Will you advise a new immigrant to live here?

Thanks...

Old 03-04-2014, 07:39 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,306,374 times
Westmount is expensive. Unless your moving to MTL with money already, Ndg or snowdown are probably better options.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,002,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjwel View Post
Hi @jmurraymitch,
You said "you can look at Wesmount (expensive)", whats expensive there, is it the renting or other things,
Can you help us with the advantages and disadvantages of living in westmount...
After checking the houses in this area, I felt in love with it.
Are accounting jobs easy to get here,
Is is ideal for kids,
Are markets close-by,
Will you advise a new immigrant to live here?

Thanks...
Housing very expensive in Westmount the only advantage to living there is a bit closer proximity to the downtown core than communities further west.
Most shopping is on Sherbrooke st.
Accounting jobs?=https://www.google.ca/#q=accounting+...al&safe=active
whether those jobs are easy to get depends on many factors.
Kids activities?
Ville de Westmount | City of Westmount

Advice?
Any reason to choose Montreal rather than other Canadian cities?

If you can afford Westmount and you like the place go for it, however be aware that its a steep climb from Sherbrooke st to anywhere in Westmount if you happen to be walking,
also rents can be half those of Westmount in the adjacent community of NDG.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:26 AM

Woow... Thanks alot ....I'm checking them out now

Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 AM

Craigslist will give you a good idea of prices for just about everything in Montreal.. Be careful responding to anything on the site as there are a few scams that are perpetrated on the unwary.

craigslist: montreal classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Old 03-05-2014, 11:06 AM

Ok.. Thanks alot

Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,916 times
Hi there,
I'll want to move to Montreal at end of April, I am looking for high ranking English public high school for my son to rent house around that area,
Could you please recommend any good highschool and in and mostly English language in Montreal,
Thank you

Old 03-02-2017, 01:17 PM

26,766 posts, read 37,673,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzanehjan1 View Post
Hi there,
I'll want to move to Montreal at end of April, I am looking for high ranking English public high school for my son to rent house around that area,
Could you please recommend any good highschool and in and mostly English language in Montreal,
Thank you
What will your immigration status be in Quebec? This will deal with the first issue: access (or not) to free public schools that teach mainly in English.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzanehjan1 View Post
Hi there,
Thank you
Royal West Academy in Montreal West would suit your needs and its in a predominantly English neighborhood .Royal West Academy | An alternative high school in Montreal, Canada

If you are coming from out of country you might want to read up on Quebecs eligibility requirements =http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/en/p...h/eligibility/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal