Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM

18 posts, read 219,641 times

Advertisements

The title really says it all. Which one(s) would you recommend? THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Merci!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 33,407 times
Hi mlja, I'm also looking for a good elementary school for my child. I realized nobody answered you on this forum, but I wonder if you've head else where. What is according to you some of the best elementary schools in Montreal ?

Thanks you

JC

Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 32,605 times
Edinburgh School

Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 34,442 times
I am looking for a great elementary school in the Cote des Neiges area in Montreal. We are moving to Montreal in 4-5 months and my daughter will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Also, a great preschool for my son who is 3 years old now. The elementary school I am looking for should have a strong fine arts and performance arts program as well as a strong academic program. My husband wants to send our kids to F.A.C.E. (Fine Arts Core Education) school, that's the one he went to when he was a kid. Just in case my daughter doesn't get into F.A.C.E. I want to know if their is any other schools similar in the Cote des Neiges area in Montreal.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 30,353 times
I am moving to montreal downtown. Looking academic best english school. Please can some one tell me which one is the best I have received a phone call from Westmount Park school Montreal. Anyone know about it how i this school Academically. Thanks

Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Where are you guys coming from?

Have either of the parents, the child his/herself or a brother/sister of the child, ever gone to school in English somewhere in Canada?

These are important considerations in determining whether or not you will even have access to English-language public schools in Quebec.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:53 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
You might want to go over Quebecs eligibility requirements for your children to attend an English school.
http://www.emsb.qc.ca/en/services_en...tration_en.asp

If you are staying in Quebec permanently having the kids go to French school wouldnt be a negative option in my opinion.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 AM

123 posts, read 332,437 times
Hi,

I also will be moving to Montreal in this summer with family and kids 8 & 5. When I see the list of schools listed at http://www.emsb.qc.ca/en/schools_en/...s2010-2011.pdf. I see that there are different kind of schools Bil/Eng/Imm/E & I etc. Does anyone have idea what exactly they mean and what is the criteria to get admission for each? What are the options for someone who is on Temp Work Permit?

Thanks
Girish

Old 04-15-2011, 02:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girish View Post
Hi,

I also will be moving to Montreal in this summer with family and kids 8 & 5. When I see the list of schools listed at http://www.emsb.qc.ca/en/schools_en/...s2010-2011.pdf. I see that there are different kind of schools Bil/Eng/Imm/E & I etc. Does anyone have idea what exactly they mean and what is the criteria to get admission for each? What are the options for someone who is on Temp Work Permit?

Thanks
Girish
You may also want to check out Montreal's other English school board the
Lester B Pierson School Board.
Before your kids can enroll in any school they'll have to get an eligibility certificate that states/verifies that at least one of the parents have done their schooling in Canada, failure to obtain the eligibility certificate will have the kids going to French school,check the link in my previous post.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,135,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You may also want to check out Montreal's other English school board the
Lester B Pierson School Board.
Before your kids can enroll in any school they'll have to get an eligibility certificate that states/verifies that at least one of the parents have done their schooling in Canada, failure to obtain the eligibility certificate will have the kids going to French school,check the link in my previous post.
Late replying to this but unless I'm mistaken, children of people on temporary work permits are normally waived from those eligibility requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal