U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 AM

6,672 posts, read 5,004,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
If that is what you got from my post it seems that I need to rephrase it. It is too bad that there are some on this board who go out of their way to bash other areas of the state and then get mad and even more belligerant in their posts when people defend their homes and areas that they are passionate about. Then, if someone disagrees with the aforementioned poster/posters about almost anything, they result in personal attacks on the posters along with name calling. From the viewpoint of most on here, hatred isn't directed toward NCWV but rather seems to emante from it on this board. It has really affected this board too because it has made several users limit discussion and debate because of the lack of civility from some.
Ahh, Tim, you do those things as much as anyone else here. Not trying to start anything, just sayin'. I haven't seen anybody respond to your Huntington posts in a negative manner in some time now. Kind of makes me wonder why you are chiming in on this? There are thousands who believe the state has its priorities all wrong with its infrastructure expenditures. havoc and I certainly are not alone in that regard, and it isn't criticizing any other area per se, it is criticizing our politicians and their rediculous priorities.
Feel free to disagree, but you are the one starting to make things personal. Read your own post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 02:16 PM

2,955 posts, read 3,532,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Ahh, Tim, you do those things as much as anyone else here. Not trying to start anything, just sayin'. I haven't seen anybody respond to your Huntington posts in a negative manner in some time now. Kind of makes me wonder why you are chiming in on this? There are thousands who believe the state has its priorities all wrong with its infrastructure expenditures. havoc and I certainly are not alone in that regard, and it isn't criticizing any other area per se, it is criticizing our politicians and their rediculous priorities.
Feel free to disagree, but you are the one starting to make things personal. Read your own post.
I posted on this because someone made a post about me and I wanted to address it. Do I not have that right? This is why I avoid much discussion on this site any more. There is one commonality in most of the heated discussions/arguments that occur on this board and it isn't Huntington. Check your private messages as I do not wish to continue this discussion any further on this thread.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:23 PM

3,549 posts, read 3,054,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I brought Tim into this thread with a stupid joke. I was obviously kidding, and he had to respond to someone else making a stab at what I posted. No harm, no foul on Tims behalf.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Let's move back to the topic at hand... Improvements in the infrastructure in Morgantown that are vitally needed, long overdue, and finally showing some signs of taking shape if only in a modest manner. Within the next couple of years they will be giving us about 2 miles of the 10 to 12 miles at a minimum of new road construction we need. Many would argue that we also need another 6 miles on Van Voorhis Ave. and West Run, and I would tend to agree with them since development in those areas has really taken off.

I don't know about other fast growing areas such as Martinsburg and to a degree Hurricane, but we very much need the work here and I believe it should take priority over the Corridor roads and other rural constructions that have no immediate demand factor involved. I really don't think that statement needs any further explaination. One situation is a response to a visably demonstrated major need, the other "hopes" to create some sort of development in sparcely populated areas. It is more than obvious where the priorities should lie.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM

6,351 posts, read 3,939,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
I posted on this because someone made a post about me and I wanted to address it. Do I not have that right? This is why I avoid much discussion on this site any more. There is one commonality in most of the heated discussions/arguments that occur on this board and it isn't Huntington. Check your private messages as I do not wish to continue this discussion any further on this thread.
Yes, the commonality is people attacking Morgantown.

Look at this thread. CT announces Morgantown is getting 1 mile of road improvements and everyone chimes in with their anti-Morgantown agenda, and blames Morgantown residents for their hatred of Morgantown.

This only happens when people bring Morgantown up. When you make Huntington posts, or anyone makes a posts about an area that is not Morgantown you dont see this level of anger. However, if Morgantown gets brought up this forum explodes. Merely stating that some people like Morgantown, or the truth about the state's opposition to the growth of Morgantown gets posters more upset than Muslims with cartoons making fun of Mohammed.

Look, cant you, and everyone else on this forum be happy with our success? We are not a success for WV, but for the whole nation. Morgantown should give hope to all West Virginians, and even all Americans.

Cant we all just get along?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Yes, the commonality is people attacking Morgantown.

Look at this thread. CT announces Morgantown is getting 1 mile of road improvements and everyone chimes in with their anti-Morgantown agenda, and blames Morgantown residents for their hatred of Morgantown.

This only happens when people bring Morgantown up. When you make Huntington posts, or anyone makes a posts about an area that is not Morgantown you dont see this level of anger. However, if Morgantown gets brought up this forum explodes. Merely stating that some people like Morgantown, or the truth about the state's opposition to the growth of Morgantown gets posters more upset than Muslims with cartoons making fun of Mohammed.

Look, cant you, and everyone else on this forum be happy with our success? We are not a success for WV, but for the whole nation. Morgantown should give hope to all West Virginians, and even all Americans.

Cant we all just get along?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hahahahhahaahahhahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Every chance you get you make negative comments about Huntington, Charleston, Southern WV, ect...

Last time I checked, you and CT start 85% of the negative comments on citydata, and 80% of that is you. I think you are an all right guy, but don't act like anybody has somehow attacked success in Morgantown.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Excuse me if I dont have high hopes.
First post on this thread!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 3,939,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hahahahhahaahahhahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Every chance you get you make negative comments about Huntington, Charleston, Southern WV, ect...

Last time I checked, you and CT start 85% of the negative comments on citydata, and 80% of that is you. I think you are an all right guy, but don't act like anybody has somehow attacked success in Morgantown.
I havent said anything about those areas in a long time. I dont even attack southern WV. I merely point out they get all the money, and hate NCWV. It is criticism of southern WV in that regard, but I have nothing else against them. Charleston is full of the worst people in the state, and perhaps the nation, the state government. It is not the cities fault. It is a con of being the capital but you get many perks to make up for the incompetent idiots who run the state like a fiefdom living there.

I only want what is best for WV. Morgantown is the key to making WV successful. Not just NCWV, but all of WV.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Fair enough, but as long as you know that you've done it before.

I think everyone on this forum wants what is best for our state. If not, they wouldn't be here on this site. I know for a fact that I'll do anything and everything to make this state a better place, even if its something I'm against at first. I totally agree that Morgantown needs some extra funds for roads. I also agree that the state is a bunch of morons. But I also know that it is their job to find solutions to fix problems within the state. One problem is the roads in Morgantown. They are bad, but to be honest i've seen alot worse. you should have seen the main road that runs by my house last year. You couldn't drive the speed limit because you might loose a tire in a pot hole. Still Morgantown needs the work done. There should be two funds in our state. One to cover road improvements, repair, upgrades, ect..., and another to cover future roads. The first would help filter in all of the current needs, while the latter would be kind of like a rainy day fund. You must understand that our state is way behind on highway transportation. In PA or NC you can get almost anywhere on a four lane highway, but in WV you can only get to big towns. We need to expand our transportation network so that business can easily navigate our state, and so can citizens and tourist.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Well, I started the thread, and I actually live in Morgantown and experience on a daily basis the results of state neglect of our infrastructure. When I travel to other areas of the state, the same situation is not evident. We have the obvious greatest need at present time. I really don't think Petersburg or Buffalo are suddenly going to be choking in traffic if they wait until they deal with our problems before they get their road construction.

Once we get our infrastructure, the additional tax receipts can help those areas get the highways they hope will put them on the map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown