Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,990,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Its not trolling when others bring it up and you post on it. Just saying

Please talk about the very nice youtube video that is posted on this thread. I like the picture of the old stadium, Its crazy to think about.
Well, while you're just sayin' why don't you stick to posting about the topic at hand? If somebody else brings it up, point out to them the topic of the thread. When I post about Charleston on their sub forum, I might think of several negative things but I try to stick to positives or not post at all. And, I don't go there to talk about Morgantown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,813,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Balderdash. I was downtown yesterday and there was a lot of activity on High Street, in spite of the fact that it was a summer Sunday afternoon. And, this is West Virginia, a state where nearly everyone travels by car everywhere. Our public transit does a far better job of being accessable than most others. Did you bother to wait around to see where the bus stops?

You're a Pitt troll that comes here to stir up crap. Go home.
No... there was barely anybody walking around High St between the hours of noon and 2 on Sunday... though the Greek buffet had a decent number of patrons. High St was beautiful but dead quiet. I realize a humid Sunday afternoon in July is probably the quietest time to possibly be in Downtown Morgantown... but I was still taken aback by the lack of pulse. There was more activity in Downtown Uniontown.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:17 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,842,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
No... there was barely anybody walking around High St between the hours of noon and 2 on Sunday... though the Greek buffet had a decent number of patrons. High St was beautiful but dead quiet. I realize a humid Sunday afternoon in July is probably the quietest time to possibly be in Downtown Morgantown... but I was still taken aback by the lack of pulse. There was more activity in Downtown Uniontown.
Like I said morgantown is quiet in the summer, which I prefer. Come back in one month and it will be crowded and chaotic. The character is just different. During the normal semester it is like a city while during the summer it feels like a town.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,990,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Some times are busier than others, but unless you are there between 2am and 6am, there is always some sort of activity in downtown Morgantown, even on the quietest Sundays. I will agree that early Sundays are quieter than other times. Spend a Saturday night there and you will get a totally different feel.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:24 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,114,459 times
Heck, I was there this past Sunday and Monday and High Street was empty. I really enjoyed having it almost to ourselves as I got to really look around. I know our next trip in August will be entirely different.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Heck, I was there this past Sunday and Monday and High Street was empty. I really enjoyed having it almost to ourselves as I got to really look around. I know our next trip in August will be entirely different.
Yea, seriously enjoy it. Come mid August it gets packed.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM

We'll be adding one to the Morgantown population that week. So far we've always enjoyed ourselves in town, and really looking forward to seeing it in full swing.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
We'll be adding one to the Morgantown population that week. So far we've always enjoyed ourselves in town, and really looking forward to seeing it in full swing.
Just don't drive during busy hours.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 PM

I did that a few trips ago, fun, fun. I mostly walk from the WP except when hitting Yesterday's or The Fishbowl. What I like about Morgantown is that the downtown area is walkable. Can't wait to try out Black Bear this trip.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I did that a few trips ago, fun, fun. I mostly walk from the WP except when hitting Yesterday's or The Fishbowl. What I like about Morgantown is that the downtown area is walkable. Can't wait to try out Black Bear this trip.
Blackbear is a very cool place. Check out Mountain peoples brewing company, and the Brewpub too. These are the hip places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown