U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 PM

6,780 posts, read 5,218,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallydude02 View Post
That's good. Now Westover can have more of a tax base.

I wonder if Morgantown has ever tried to annex the Glenmark Center into city limits. It's a good size shopping plaza with a couple of hotels and shops.
Morgantown seems to have no interest in expanding the geographic footprint. They seem content to let the outlying towns take the new developments on. They feel no need to artificially pump up population data. They're not in some kind of contest with anyone, and are doing quite will within their 10 square miles... dense and compact.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 PM

182 posts, read 92,660 times
I think we should expand

Old 08-11-2012, 11:17 PM

I agree with you, but that is not the current line of thinking.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:32 AM

3,613 posts, read 3,162,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I believe that is the plan, but remember, the City of Morgantown has nothing to do with this. It is outsiide the city limits, as is most of the development.
Right, Just reconizing the general area.

But like the developments off Jerry Dove, Westover can capitalize off of the interstate, Morgantown's growth, and the new ball park. It just needs to be well thought out from both the city of Westover and private developers.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:02 AM

375 posts, read 294,856 times
Ha - "Westover" and "well thought-out" in the same sentence... That will never happen. To give an idea of the minds in Westover, they elected a repeat, repeat felon over a police officer in the recent mayoral elections.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:45 AM

3,613 posts, read 3,162,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Ha - "Westover" and "well thought-out" in the same sentence... That will never happen. To give an idea of the minds in Westover, they elected a repeat, repeat felon over a police officer in the recent mayoral elections.
Sounds like Clendenin

Old 08-24-2012, 06:58 PM

33 posts, read 36,933 times
I never understood how the University Town Center was considered Granville and the new area is now annexed by Westover. It seems all those projects fall into the geographic footprint of Scott's Run. Does that area not get a piece of the pie because all those small towns are unincorporated?

Old 08-24-2012, 07:08 PM

809 posts, read 486,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDT1211 View Post
I never understood how the University Town Center was considered Granville and the new area is now annexed by Westover. It seems all those projects fall into the geographic footprint of Scott's Run. Does that area not get a piece of the pie because all those small towns are unincorporated?
In short, yup.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDT1211 View Post
The area they are talking about for Westover is the area on the other side of I79, not the area next to the Town Centre. They are adding an exit for the Interstate, and developing the area on the other side of the Interstate between the two exits. That area would be in Westover by agreement with the developers. Westover has agreed to pay for the infrastructure as part of the deal.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:04 AM

33 posts, read 36,933 times
I was in town last week and found it amusing that when you leave town and cross the Star City bridge theres a Welcome to Scott's Run sign. Yet Granville and Westover have all the land and development right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown