Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM

286 posts, read 348,660 times

Advertisements

They're not keeping that loop parking right?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
I haven't taken a close enough look at the plans to answer that. Parking is always at a premium, so who knows?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 PM

286 posts, read 348,660 times
Yea true, aren't they building a parking garage at hawley field eventually?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 AM

671 posts, read 1,057,529 times
If you drive up College you'll notice many houses on the left with boarded windows, likely slated for demolition. I'd guess the same fate awaits a house that sits at the intersection of Campus and Beechurst.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
The houses will be demolished and brush cleared to help beautify the area from overgrowth, litter, and blight. As for actual construction, I'm not sure the University even knows what it wants to build on that side of the loop. On the other side, however, a new academic building housing expanded B&E programs as well as an entrepreneurial center as a joint venture between B&E and the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences. It will go inside the loop, between LSB and B&E on the current paved parking lot.

Images courtesy of the College of Business and Economics Strategic Plan:

Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 PM

354 posts, read 505,845 times
Elewis, when is construction suppose to start for the B&E addition?

Also you, or someone else, mentioned a 2nd arboretum around falling run. Any links to that?

Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
They will start when they get the money, but I think they want to try and start it in 2014 or after, when much of the existing construction projects will be completed.

As for another arboretum, someone mentioned it in a quote in passing. I'm not sure which article that was in. I can't find any information on specific projects for the Falling Run property, but a second arboretum was mentioned as a possibility.

Edit - it's mentioned at the end of this article: http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/n/2012/09/18...-loop-property

Old 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM

939 posts, read 1,893,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
The houses will be demolished and brush cleared to help beautify the area from overgrowth, litter, and blight. As for actual construction, I'm not sure the University even knows what it wants to build on that side of the loop. On the other side, however, a new academic building housing expanded B&E programs as well as an entrepreneurial center as a joint venture between B&E and the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences. It will go inside the loop, between LSB and B&E on the current paved parking lot.

Images courtesy of the College of Business and Economics Strategic Plan:

Can we start calling the greenspace in between Life Sciences and B&E "The Lawn" just to drive UVA people nuts?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:20 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
My brother in law graduated from UVA. I remember an awful accident that happened when an exterior balcony fell off a building onto "the lawn" killing several spectators of a commencement ceremony. They probably still had tea out there the next day and discussed the most recent LaCrosse match. The lawn is usually filled to the brim with bubble headed space cadets. Calling it The Lawn would be putting us in a poor light. I don't think we want to be confused with those nut jobs.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:59 PM

939 posts, read 1,893,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
My brother in law graduated from UVA. I remember an awful accident that happened when an exterior balcony fell off a building onto "the lawn" killing several spectators of a commencement ceremony. They probably still had tea out there the next day and discussed the most recent LaCrosse match. The lawn is usually filled to the brim with bubble headed space cadets. Calling it The Lawn would be putting us in a poor light. I don't think we want to be confused with those nut jobs.
That was a pretty big deal with almost two dozen hurt and one person dead. Being upset because your brother in law graduated from a much better school than WVU and teases you about while putting it you your sister on a frequent basis doesn't mean those people that were hurt or killed somehow deserved it. WVU should strive to be like UVA rather than hoping they're considered as good as UL one day. I say this as a WVU grad who has no academic affiliation with UVA other than being familiar enough with it to know that it's among the top 3 public schools every year.

You're a pretty bitter person CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown