U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Clendenin, WV
3,500 posts, read 2,961,811 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Thanks, adam! I thought that looked like a BFS but I wasn't sure. And a La Quinta Inn makes sense - they're rebranding a couple of hotels in Elkview and Summersville as La Quintas so it was only a matter of time they built new hotels in the state.
*Note the following is a true story: back a few years ago when I went to WV State, I worked in the Pizza Hut at Elkview. A gentlemen walked into our restaurant and ordered a Pizza and asked me for directions to Summersville. He said that he worked for La Quinta and they were looking into opening a new location in Summersville. The gentlemen then asked me about the hotels off the Elkview exit, which I then preceded to inform him that the Country Inn and Suites was the only hotel off the exit, and in fact was the only hotel between Gassaway and Charleston. The man seemed very interested at this point in the conversation. about a month ago, someone back home had told me that the hotel was being re-branded to a La Quinta! You Welcome Elkview, WV!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2013, 09:09 AM
 
751 posts, read 416,054 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
*Note the following is a true story: back a few years ago when I went to WV State, I worked in the Pizza Hut at Elkview. A gentlemen walked into our restaurant and ordered a Pizza and asked me for directions to Summersville. He said that he worked for La Quinta and they were looking into opening a new location in Summersville. The gentlemen then asked me about the hotels off the Elkview exit, which I then preceded to inform him that the Country Inn and Suites was the only hotel off the exit, and in fact was the only hotel between Gassaway and Charleston. The man seemed very interested at this point in the conversation. about a month ago, someone back home had told me that the hotel was being re-branded to a La Quinta! You Welcome Elkview, WV!
HAHA! Wonderful!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2013, 04:06 PM
 
32 posts, read 21,599 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiainflorida View Post
Apparently the Dairy Queen is going to be a Dairy Queen/Tim Horton's.
I always thought Tim Hortons was a Canadian only chain. Isn't it supposed to be like a Duncan Donuts?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2013, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Clendenin, WV
3,500 posts, read 2,961,811 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
I always thought Tim Hortons was a Canadian only chain. Isn't it supposed to be like a Duncan Donuts?
Similar to a DD, but they offer a little more food wise. There are actually a lot of Tim Horton's in the US. I believe there are at least 6 in WV. 2 in Kanawha County, one in Teays Valley, two in Parkersburg, and one in Wheeling.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 AM
 
357 posts, read 268,810 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
I always thought Tim Hortons was a Canadian only chain. Isn't it supposed to be like a Duncan Donuts?
Never been north of WV, eh? They're like Sheetz - once they invade an area they can be found on every street corner, almost within site of one another.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 AM
 
6,522 posts, read 4,815,404 times
Reputation: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Never been north of WV, eh? They're like Sheetz - once they invade an area they can be found on every street corner, almost within site of one another.
Is the coffee any good?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 11:06 AM
 
751 posts, read 416,054 times
Reputation: 210
The coffee isn't that bad. Better than gas station coffee, but that's not saying much. I don't know why people appreciate coffee from Dunkin, Tim Horton's, and places of the like so much. The coffee certainly isn't bad, but it's not that special. Give me the Blue Moose house blend over that any day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Clendenin, WV
3,500 posts, read 2,961,811 times
Reputation: 939
I'd go to Tim Horton's regularly in Saint Albans and Cross Lanes because they have fairly decent coffee. I'd take DD coffee over it any day, and KK doughnuts over them any day as well. The two down in Kanawha County are nice places, and so too is the one in Teays Valley.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2013, 05:47 PM
 
357 posts, read 268,810 times
Reputation: 98
I only get the coffee there as a last resort. For some reason it always has a burnt taste to it. Hopefully others have better opinions.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 PM
 
32 posts, read 21,599 times
Reputation: 18
Maybe I just haven't been observant enough. I always see their logos plastered on the boards at NHL games most notably the Canadian teams. I travel quite often but don't think I've ever seen one other than maybe Buffalo NY where I think I may have seen one. I actually enjoy Dunkin coffee so maybe the Hortons will be okay.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top