Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM

671 posts, read 1,054,868 times

Advertisements

For those who are watching the senseless arguments unfold, here's the answer: Yes, in addition to wanting to learn a bit about other hospitals in WV, I was on a fishing expedition. It would appear that I've hooked a Havoc... Thanks to those who actually provided info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,062,431 times
One more thing CT, I was using the US News rankings that we have been referencing this entire thread on. Our state did not have any hospitals that made the listing. If WVUH made top regional hospital from another site then please share it with us.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,009,518 times
I was really hoping we wouldn't get into comparisons here. If you really want to make them WVU Hospitals is 41.6% better than any other hospital in the state in terms of number of ranked specialties, and is the only Best Regional Hospital to attain that ranking in the state, placing it within the Top 15% of all hospitals nationally.
That's quite an accomplishment for a hospital system in our little state, wouldn't you say?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,853,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Correction - a little bit better than CAMC.......and before you say Duke is irrelevant to WV, explain all the WV license plates I see in the parking garages at the Duke Med Ctr - seems to indicate that maybe a lot of WV'ians feels the necessity to travel here for the best medical care. hmmmm
Cool anecdotal story bro.

If by a little you mean how Mt. Everest is a little bigger than an anthill than I agree WVU is a little better than CAMC. Now that you used a personal observation to make a fallacy to justify something irrelevant nobody cares about and we both agree about WVU and CAMC let's stick to the topic.

Adams, yeah Medexpress is located where Foodlion used to be. It is expanding across the country. It is smart growth in fields such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and bio-medical research that is leading Morgantown to thrive.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 PM

CT, you have your Morgantown comrade to thank for making this a comparison. When people come on here and make controversy all day every day and claim they base every post off facts. Then they better be able to back them up. This case I found data in the rankings that supports that CAMC is a larger and more visited hospital than WVUH. That is fact per the data represented.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I was really hoping we wouldn't get into comparisons here. If you really want to make them WVU Hospitals is 41.6% better than any other hospital in the state in terms of number of ranked specialties, and is the only Best Regional Hospital to attain that ranking in the state, placing it within the Top 15% of all hospitals nationally.
That's quite an accomplishment for a hospital system in our little state, wouldn't you say?
Why cant people just be happy for the success of WVUH? All WVians benefit from having such a good hospital.

To all posters do we really need to try and take it down because it ranked better than the rest of the hospitals?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
CT, you have your Morgantown comrade to thank for making this a comparison. When people come on here and make controversy all day every day and claim they base every post off facts. Then they better be able to back them up. This case I found data in the rankings that supports that CAMC is a larger and more visited hospital than WVUH. That is fact per the data represented.
We are being factual and I can back it up. Refer to CT's support.

Bigger does not better, nor does more people served. This list ranks quality not quanity or square footage.

Using your logic McDonalds has the best hamburgers in the world because they sell the most. Forget about taste. Likewise saying that a Walmart is better architecture than then Taj mahal because it has more square footage is also very debatable.

I made one claim, and the facts do back it up.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
One more thing CT, I was using the US News rankings that we have been referencing this entire thread on. Our state did not have any hospitals that made the listing. If WVUH made top regional hospital from another site then please share it with us.
WVUH is listed as the best Regional Hospital, but we don't have what they consider large metro areas in our little state. We are looking at different sites. Every region has a best regional hospital for that region.
Best Hospitals in the Mountain and Lakes region (WV) - US News Best Hospitals

Old 07-17-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Why cant people just be happy for the success of WVUH? All WVians benefit from having such a good hospital.

To all posters do we really need to try and take it down because it ranked better than the rest of the hospitals?
Once again, I have to explain this to you like I am talking to my 3 year old. Cry, you started this argument by making claims that WVUH was a mountain compared to anthills of other hospitals in the state and that there isn't another hospital in wv that even comes close to WVUH....Remember? Not only does CAMC come in reasonable 2nd to WVUH in specialization. But is much larger than WVUH in terms of all the categories I have already mentioned.

So, to summarize one more time for those in here that seem to picking up on what happened a little slow. poster on her has continued to make trolling posts. He gets butt hurt when facts show him he is wrong. And now he starts to spin and make it look like he is being attacked. Seen this episode before, lol.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that info CT. I was unaware that Med Express was headquartered in Morgantown. That business is really expanding. There is a new locations just 3 miles from my house right of I-64. And that sounds like more great news coming for WVUH. I can easily see why they are still growing with all the growth the entire town is going through.
We've been blessed here to have the right combination of growing businesses and organizations. Gabriel Brothers (retailers) is also headquartered here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown