Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 06:09 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHarrison84 View Post
You are stating the obvious there when you say my opinion only respresents my views and nobody elses.

Morgantown makes a lot of lists but those people doing the lists don't live there nor do they move there.

More people retire in Columbia than Morgantown. There's a bit more to Columbia than the university as well.

I don't have anythign against MOrgantown but I was amused to see some dude from there smirking about Columbia. LOL
Again that is your opinion. People can be amused about your opinion.

Im sure Columbia makes lists too from people who dont live there or go there, and you have no clue who these people are, where they live, and where they go.

More people moving somewhere doesnt mean anything. The fastest growing areas of the world are slums in polluted cities in developing country using your logic they are the best place to live.

The person who made that comment about Columbia hates Morgantown and came here to put Morgantown down. RVA went to school in Morgantown in the 70s and constantly trolls the Morgantown forum about how much he hates Morgantown, and you are helping him.

Here is there comment.
Quote:
Nothing about Motown, but about the list - they have Columbia SC as fifth - doesn't say much for this list. Ohhh - just noted, Little Rock AR #1 - this list is a joke, right?

What they are saying is not to pay attention to this list because he is saying that Little Rock and Columbia are not good places. His goal is to say the whole list is bogus so he ignore this award Morgantown won. By putting Morgantown down you are helping this argument. So I dont know why you came here to put Morgantown, which is a very highly ranked city, when Columbia is ranked even higher on the list and no Morgantown people are smirking at Columbia. RVA is from North Carolina and doesnt like SC, or Morgantown. Maybe you should be positive about our cities accomplishments and good reputation instead of helping a bitter user put down both Morgantown, Columbia, and Little Rock because he is upset that his area of North Carolina wasnt ranked.

In Morgantown we feel no need to put other cities down. We are not haters. We want everyone to experience the success we have seen over the last decade, and we are glad Columbia is ranked so highly and that Morgantown is considered comparable to nice places like Columbia or Little Rock.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 PM

376 posts, read 727,939 times
I don't care about the list. If I like the city I live in that is all that matters to me. I think you are a tad bit too happy about Motown being on the list. LOL

The fact he was from NC does help me, b/c I didn't understand why people started dumping on NC all of a sudden.

I'm surrprised he went to WVU if he hates Morgantown. LOL

I don't think it is logical to argue that people could be moving to COlumbia despite it being dump because in 3rd world countries people are all moving to dumpy cities.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM

708 posts, read 1,156,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Again that is your opinion. People can be amused about your opinion.

Im sure Columbia makes lists too from people who dont live there or go there, and you have no clue who these people are, where they live, and where they go.

More people moving somewhere doesnt mean anything. The fastest growing areas of the world are slums in polluted cities in developing country using your logic they are the best place to live.

The person who made that comment about Columbia hates Morgantown and came here to put Morgantown down. RVA went to school in Morgantown in the 70s and constantly trolls the Morgantown forum about how much he hates Morgantown, and you are helping him.

Here is there comment.

What they are saying is not to pay attention to this list because he is saying that Little Rock and Columbia are not good places. His goal is to say the whole list is bogus so he ignore this award Morgantown won. By putting Morgantown down you are helping this argument. So I dont know why you came here to put Morgantown, which is a very highly ranked city, when Columbia is ranked even higher on the list and no Morgantown people are smirking at Columbia. RVA is from North Carolina and doesnt like SC, or Morgantown. Maybe you should be positive about our cities accomplishments and good reputation instead of helping a bitter user put down both Morgantown, Columbia, and Little Rock because he is upset that his area of North Carolina wasnt ranked.

In Morgantown we feel no need to put other cities down. We are not haters. We want everyone to experience the success we have seen over the last decade, and we are glad Columbia is ranked so highly and that Morgantown is considered comparable to nice places like Columbia or Little Rock.
So your two year campaign against Huntington, Charleston, and the rest of WV was just heaps of praise

Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I don't care about the list. If I like the city I live in that is all that matters to me. I think you are a tad bit too happy about Motown being on the list. LOL

The fact he was from NC does help me, b/c I didn't understand why people started dumping on NC all of a sudden.

I'm surrprised he went to WVU if he hates Morgantown. LOL

I don't think it is logical to argue that people could be moving to COlumbia despite it being dump because in 3rd world countries people are all moving to dumpy cities.
Good, that is all that matters is you are happy. Personally I think you are a tad too upset that some stranger on the internet said something negative about Columbia SC.

Anyway the poster is a mystery to me.

You are right your argument earlier was not logical. Using that logic you used earlier it could be said that McDonalds would have the best hamburgers in the world since they sell the most burgers.

Let's just agree to agree that it is nice to live in a nice place.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
So your two year campaign against Huntington, Charleston, and the rest of WV was just heaps of praise
No hate curse. I love those places. However, I am not willing to withhold information to people who want objective information. I give people as much information as possible and let them decide how they feel about it. I realize you dont like some of the information I give people, and while you may not want to see it people wanting to know about these places probably do want to see it. That is not hate. It is called honesty. I dont blindly promote.

I think both cities can be great for some people depending on what they want.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Good, that is all that matters is you are happy. Personally I think you are a tad too upset that some stranger on the internet said something negative about Columbia SC.

Anyway the poster is a mystery to me.

You are right your argument earlier was not logical. Using that logic you used earlier it could be said that McDonalds would have the best hamburgers in the world since they sell the most burgers.

Let's just agree to agree that it is nice to live in a nice place.
You distort arguments. People, with money, who can live anywhere, retire to Columbia. This isn't b/c they are poor and heading to some undesirable place with some jobs.

Nobody is retiring in Morgantown outside of alumni.

I wasn't upset about his comments, I don't think Columbia is that great but Morgantown isn't great either but I missed his angle on that so we are basically on he same page. LOL

Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
You distort arguments. People, with money, who can live anywhere, retire to Columbia. This isn't b/c they are poor and heading to some undesirable place with some jobs.

Nobody is retiring in Morgantown outside of alumni.
No, you are making an incorrect argument. People with money can buy any hamburger they want, including McDonalds. Therefore using your logic it is the best hamburger in the world. Nobody said Columbia was undesirable except one poster who came to start an argument. To some people it is and some people it isnt.

You are also making an untrue generalization. People do retire to Morgantown, including people who are not alumni. However, since you seem so sure of yourself I invite you to show source that shows NOBODY is retiring to Morgantown EXCEPT alumni. Good luck with that.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
No, you are making an incorrect argument. People with money can buy any hamburger they want, including McDonalds. Therefore using your logic it is the best hamburger in the world. Nobody said Columbia was undesirable except one poster who came to start an argument. To some people it is and some people it isnt.

You are also making an untrue generalization. People do retire to Morgantown, including people who are not alumni. However, since you seem so sure of yourself I invite you to show source that shows NOBODY is retiring to Morgantown EXCEPT alumni. Good luck with that.
People with money don't buy hamburgers at Mconalds, similar to people with money don't go to Morgantown to retire.

Nobody who eats at McDonalds thinks it is the best food ever, it is called fast food for a reason. Number of people who eat there isn't a statement on how good the food is, just on how convenient and relatively inexpensive it is. Your analogy to my retirement point just doesn't work.

There are some people who retire to Morgantown but if you were to look at a list of cities that were popular retirement destinations, Columbia is going to blow MOrgantown out of the water.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
People with money don't buy hamburgers at Mconalds, similar to people with money don't go to Morgantown to retire.

Nobody who eats at McDonalds thinks it is the best food ever, it is called fast food for a reason.

There are some people who retire to Morgantown but if you were to look at a list of cities that were popular retirement destinations, Columbia is going to blow MOrgantown out of the water.
People with money do eat at McDonalds. So now you arguing that people who can afford something better than McDonalds will never eat there.

Im sure you have a source for this too, just like you do with nobody retiring in Morgantown.

BTW, you forgot to include the source in your last post. Oops!

Anyway like I said I look forward to all the proof your argument, I am sure you have it and arent just talking out of your...

Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM

If you are disputing my argument, you are free to prove it wrong with your own sources. I am not required to prove anything here, I don't care enough about this either way.

It seems like you prefer to talk about McDonalds though. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown