U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-26-2007, 09:14 AM

3 posts, read 4,411 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My DH has just been accepted in WVU. I wanted to find out if there are any jobs there. He's been accepted a couple other places, but we would much rather move to Morgantown but I am worried about jobs. He has been working mostly construction for the last few years, but has also worked as a cook, in a factory building boats and a plumber's helper. I've done retail and waitressing. Can we make it there? How much does rent run for a 3/2 with pets? We don't have to live in Morgantown, but prob no more than thirty minutes away, as I'm sure the University doesn't cancel many classes.

Thanks for the help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 05:22 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,796,187 times
It's a beautiful area, but I'm not sure about jobs there. We thought about moving there but thought jobs were more plentiful in Lexington,Ky. We were wrong, no work here at all. Maybe Morgantown will be beter. Good Luck!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,801,284 times
pubco.com
dominionpost.com
timeswv.com

are the local papers...classifieds will give you a look..also www.workforcewv.org

MountaineerTemps places 5800 employees into WV university each year. 304-293-5700 Ext. 1 B.J. Kelly is the honcho there. The jobs pay very well.

Morgantown is the #1 Best Small City in the USA....welcome...
As for living...if I wanted something very quiet...Mt. Morris, Pa. 5 minutes to M-town.
population of about 250 on a good day.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM

939 posts, read 1,882,201 times
There are tons of jobs in Morgantown.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 5,770 times
need help I live in atlanta my family is in preston county wv I want to come back but I BUILD APARTMENTS is there any construction for me there I need you to know I'm a superintendent I can do houses , apartments , student housing, condo, town houses. Are there any buiders there that could use my talent I NEED SOME COMPANY NAMES PLEASE HELP THANKS GREG PLEASE EMAIL ME Mchayo31@aol.com thank you

Last edited by greg in atl ga; 02-15-2009 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: to add email address

Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 PM

6,890 posts, read 5,395,999 times
KYlady and greg, ... Morgantown has the lowest unemployment in the Nation, maybe in the world. It is one of the very few places where there is still building and development on an ongoing basis. It is as good a place as any to find work, and the town has won many awards for quality of life.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:59 PM

3,105 posts, read 4,796,164 times
Hope someone can help you with specific company names.
Here's a couple sites to check for companies. Keep in mind that many companies in WV travel throughout the state to do work. It may not be a home every night type of job.
Contractor's Association of West Virginia Membership Directory (http://www.cawv.org/directory.html - broken link)
Members Directory (http://www.hbawv.org/members.htm - broken link)

Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 AM

Thank

Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 AM

Thank you for suggestions it has been my experience that it is more who you know in w.v. and not what you know and I left there 24 years ago and lost all contacts thats why I was hoping to get some big builder names to get a resume to if anyone knows any I would greatl appreciate it and travel around the state isn't a problem thank you for all your help greg in atlanta

Old 03-02-2009, 08:22 AM

6,890 posts, read 5,395,999 times
Construction workers from all over the State are working in Morgantown these days, and they still need more people. Pittsburgh area construction trades unions are sending people to Morgantown for placements. If you have skills, you will find the work. Even if you don't have skills, you might well find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown