Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:21 PM

889 posts, read 1,047,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MischiefWV View Post
Ive been hearing more about these places recently and would be down for one. Entertainment in Morgantown is stagnant. No lazer tag, no minature golf, no real arcades which are resurging in popularity. The lack of options is mind boggling. Ive yet to obtain any form of explanation why these types of business seem to be avoided like the plague here.

yea, the one in my hometown would even show local sporting events in a theatre......think how much money a place could make for people to watch a Mountaineers game on a theatre screen, whilst drinkin and eatin to boot? Shoot, forget Buffalo Wild Wings!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:04 AM

10,147 posts, read 14,997,517 times
Here is some more information about the development...

University Town Centre to add new business in final phase - The Daily Athenaeum: News

Old 07-27-2015, 04:06 PM

Insiders are telling me to expect a major announcement tomorrow at 2:30pm about this project. It will be about a major distribution center being built there. Hopefully state government, which drug this out way past any reasonable length of time seemingly on purpose, has not messed up the corporate headquarters being located there, that our area was the front runner for obtaining.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:34 PM

Okay, here it is... A modest $25 million TIF proposal was finally approved in Charleston (it really should have been $40 million), and construction can now take off on the west side of I-79 for the Mon View project opposite University Town Center. Officials believe the rest of the funding will be available within a couple of years with a different climate in state government. Every cent of this is (as usual) locally generated money. No state tax money is involved. Here is more on the story...

WDTV.COM 5 News: Monongalia County Officially Able to Expand University Town Center Across I-79

Old 07-28-2015, 10:44 PM

And here's yet another take.

Increased Bond Capacity Opens Door to More Development in Monong - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Old 08-06-2015, 12:49 PM

191 posts, read 305,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
yea, the one in my hometown would even show local sporting events in a theatre......think how much money a place could make for people to watch a Mountaineers game on a theatre screen, whilst drinkin and eatin to boot? Shoot, forget Buffalo Wild Wings!!

I would easily be down for that

Old 09-04-2015, 08:26 AM

671 posts, read 1,054,124 times
New I-79 Interchange across from University Town Centre, Morgantown, WV, 26505 - Commercial/Other (land) Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com

The latest drawing of potential lots on the west side of the University Town Centre. I still doubt this is anywhere close to the final layout, but I'm assuming that the overall shape of the development will be similar as these likely follow the contours of the terrain. I figure the final version will have a more direct connect from the Gateway to the new interchange.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:05 PM

23 posts, read 32,223 times
Hi guys.

A friend from town started showing me parts of the city on Google Maps and talked about the center. He mentioned the Target having a large crack near the back of the store due to the ground being unstable.

It also looks like early in the store's history there was a minor landslide behind the store (2005?)

Anyone got any information on that?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:20 AM

671 posts, read 1,054,124 times
I don't have citations, but Target sued the developer for $1M and fixed their building.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:05 AM

23 posts, read 32,223 times
I found a Virginia Record article.

Target did sue for $1M in 2008 and it appears cracks as wide as 5" were created. Target did the repair work but Mountaineer Property Co. doesn't want to cough up the dough.

Looks like poor due diligence on Mountaineer's part.

So Target won't split spectacularly down the hill and into the river. Darn.

I don't suppose Granville has it's own building inspectors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown