Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 10:56 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,035,127 times

Advertisements

The annual MountainFest motorcycle rally kicks off today near Morgantown with an estimated 50,000 visitors coming to town, expected to buy between $10 million and $12 million from local merchants in the process. Attendees will be treated to a large array of concerts and events at the festival, which has steadily been growing in popularity. Wayland, Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels, Travis Tritt, America and others will provide top flight entertainment for the event.

MountainFest begins; 50,000 expected to visit Morgantown | 1440 WAJR | The Voice of Morgantown | Morgantown, WV

http://www.wvmountainfest.com/

All proceeds from the event are donated to local charities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 11:15 PM

890 posts, read 1,052,362 times
Mountainfest is awesome, I went my with my wife when we were datin at the time, in 2012, great memories! but they should combine it with the Mon County fair.....because the Mon County fair on its own is just sad......Mountainfest+Mon County fair at the same time= Fun for Kids and Adults at the same time!! boy howdy what a concept.....and the extra money would provide for better rides and animal attractions that the mon county fair lacks.....I know its far fetched, but it really shouldnt be.....

Old 07-25-2015, 01:36 PM

TheDPost.com - Bikers travel to attend MountainFest

Old 07-25-2015, 03:49 PM

as popular as Schmitt's is becoming, I wouldnt be surprised if ol owen built him another location on that side of town by triple S and Mylan, them bikers love Schmitt's and its kickin this weekend.....

Old 07-25-2015, 07:48 PM

So are Sabraton Station/Archies (there must be 5,000 there), and Classics. There was a lot happening in Morgantown today... Charlie Daniels and others at MountainFest, a sold out baseball game, the parade of bikes in Downtown Morgantown, and a great bluegrass concert that was well attended at Chestnut Ridge Park.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
So are Sabraton Station/Archies (there must be 5,000 there), and Classics. There was a lot happening in Morgantown today... Charlie Daniels and others at MountainFest, a sold out baseball game, the parade of bikes in Downtown Morgantown, and a great bluegrass concert that was well attended at Chestnut Ridge Park.

yep, Morgantown's 15 seconds of fame per year I reckon....besides maybe the one or two times a year durin football season the nation remembers that WVU is in Morgantown......

Old 07-25-2015, 11:56 PM

For a small city in West Virginia, we get quite a bit of national coverage here. Most football and basketball games are nationally broadcast. I'd say you would have to look long and hard to find a city our size in say Texas that has as much "claim to fame". MountainFest is really growing in popularity, and I don't think it is even advertised all that much, unless it is in biker publications. I think a lot of that has to do with our location relative to large population centers. This time of year, it is easy to get here from the East and North.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:47 AM

haha yea right, most people in this country dont know Morgantown even exists.....when I tell people from other parts of the country that I live in Morgantown, there is no reaction until I say, "It's where WVU is"...and thats when they go "oh ok!"....and you can thank the big 12 for all that national coverage, you know, the Texas dominated Big 12..."claim to fame" gimme a break, what fame exactly do yall have again? please do make me laugh some more, always tryin so hard to oversell Morgantown.....

Old 07-26-2015, 08:50 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
I wanted to go but this weekend was just too hectic here. Props to Morgantown for putting something like this on.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:12 PM

It seems to be getting bigger and better every year. The lineup of talent this year was outstanding. The bikers were great guests, and the entertainment was first rate, and classy. I really don't know that the festival could get much larger. I'd be surprised if Mylan Park could handle more people than that.

Personally, I believe they could do another major festival here in the summer months and draw great crowds. Cumberland has the Del McCoury Bluegrass Festival, so Bluegrass wouldn't probably be a good idea, and the Wheeling area has Jamboree in the Hills for country music, but I think a great rock and roll festival would go over at Mylan Park too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown