Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 09:04 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystreet21 View Post
This is great to hear!! I'm not sure of the financial burden all of this will amount to, but hopefully it's hefty. It does sound like an administrative nightmare though. I have a feeling he won't roll over. He's probably preparing a countersuit right now.
As long as it keeps him busy for a while and causes him to stop having so much time to interfere with everything positive coming to the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 07:48 PM

632 posts, read 831,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
As long as it keeps him busy for a while and causes him to stop having so much time to interfere with everything positive coming to the city.

A lot of my friends who have lived in Metro Properties are going to contact the AGs office to provide them with more information about excessive fees and other shady tactics

Old 01-13-2017, 08:32 PM

Biafora has doubled down on his stupidity, someone I work with with close ties to the county was sent a picture of a new billboard one of Biaforas fake landlord groups put up on Easton hill. It blasts WVU and three people, one of which is Gordon Gee with a thought bubble saying something along the line of this is better than Ohio state with money raining down on him and the other two gentlemen. The bill board is loaded with fake and false information and is more of the same from that pompous jack***. Interestingly the other two individuals which are presented as crooks and thieves stealing money could be argued that they are private individuals and as such could sue for defamation since they are not public figures. I really hope Biafora has finally bitten off more than he can chew. The message that was sent was from a friend of Biaforas to my coworker and in it the friend divulged he thinks Biafora finally crossed that line and apparently told him as much that this will not end well at all for him and all it is going to do is come all back down on him. I don't know what Biafora expects to gain from that bill broad but I can all but guarantee you the three gentlemen on that build board along with Wvu are going to retaliate and respond and I don't think Gee will take this kindly at all. Biafora has gone personal and I hope Gee, WVU and the other two destroy Biafora while the state destroys Metro Properties. Now would be a good time for the city to sue him over lost tax revenue (from the canceled and delayed projects) for all of his BS interference in developments.

I lived at metro for two years and they would nickle and dime you for everything, they are not the worst landlords in this area but they are crooks. It REALLY pisses me off they tried to play the poor us card in their statement about being sued and they had the gall to say how they are just a tiny small business being attacked. Such BS they are the LARGEST landlord in the entire state (even brag about it on their website), they own a ton of properties all around the state.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:41 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,298 times
Quote:
Biafora has doubled down on his stupidity, someone I work with with close ties to the county was sent a picture of a new billboard one of Biaforas fake landlord groups put up on Easton hill. It blasts WVU and three people, one of which is Gordon Gee with a thought bubble saying something along the line of this is better than Ohio state with money raining down on him and the other two gentlemen. The bill board is loaded with fake and false information and is more of the same from that pompous jack***. Interestingly the other two individuals which are presented as crooks and thieves stealing money could be argued that they are private individuals and as such could sue for defamation since they are not public figures. I really hope Biafora has finally bitten off more than he can chew. The message that was sent was from a friend of Biaforas to my coworker and in it the friend divulged he thinks Biafora finally crossed that line and apparently told him as much that this will not end well at all for him and all it is going to do is come all back down on him. I don't know what Biafora expects to gain from that bill broad but I can all but guarantee you the three gentlemen on that build board along with Wvu are going to retaliate and respond and I don't think Gee will take this kindly at all. Biafora has gone personal and I hope Gee, WVU and the other two destroy Biafora while the state destroys Metro Properties. Now would be a good time for the city to sue him over lost tax revenue (from the canceled and delayed projects) for all of his BS interference in developments.

I lived at metro for two years and they would nickle and dime you for everything, they are not the worst landlords in this area but they are crooks. It REALLY pisses me off they tried to play the poor us card in their statement about being sued and they had the gall to say how they are just a tiny small business being attacked. Such BS they are the LARGEST landlord in the entire state (even brag about it on their website), they own a ton of properties all around the state.

I saw that ad the other day and was like wtf? lol......that whole billboard is supposed to be coming down sooner or later with the work on the extra lanes being added, or so Im told.....

Old 01-14-2017, 07:28 AM

334 posts, read 495,818 times
WVU will sue the pants off Biafora for defemation. Right or wrong you dont eff with the WVU brand and get away with it. The hammer will drop on David Biafora so hard that a heart attack would be the most pleasant result for him. The bullying tactics may work for Trump but it will NEVER for a small time wannabe mafia criminal like David Biafora. He will get his day you can count on it.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:13 AM

124 posts, read 151,383 times
Kind of hard to tell driving by, but I think the other people on the billboard are Mark Nessleroad (Glenmark) Narvel Weese -WVU

Quote:

Old 01-14-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog72 View Post
Kind of hard to tell driving by, but I think the other people on the billboard are Mark Nessleroad (Glenmark) Narvel Weese -WVU
When I see my coworker next I'll make sure to ask who exactly it is. He has a full photo, so it's a lot easier to tell than by driving by while trying to avoid an accident.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:30 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times
Does anyone else remember when the Biafora's were supposedly struggling financially? They were quite over extended with their investments at one point if I recall. Just want to make sure I am not confusing them with another developer. This was maybe 10-12 years ago? They built everything back up and recovered more than well, but these recent lawsuits (and maybe a new one now ) could cost a fortune and really bring them down again.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Does anyone else remember when the Biafora's were supposedly struggling financially? They were quite over extended with their investments at one point if I recall. Just want to make sure I am not confusing them with another developer. This was maybe 10-12 years ago? They built everything back up and recovered more than well, but these recent lawsuits (and maybe a new one now ) could cost a fortune and really bring them down again.
Not sure about if that was them (the financial struggle part), but this state lawsuit comes on the heels of metro settling with the federal government last year for a ton of money. I really hope he has bitten off more than he can chew.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:46 AM

75 posts, read 91,161 times
Quote:
When I see my coworker next I'll make sure to ask who exactly it is. He has a full photo, so it's a lot easier to tell than by driving by while trying to avoid an accident.
Its Mark Nessleroad, Gee, Narvel Weese and John Lynch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
View detailed profiles of: