Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 PM

113 posts, read 147,851 times

Advertisements

Community entities commit to collaborate with Mylan Park Foundation to develop aquatic, track complex at Mylan Park

What does this mean for the Shell Building and Natatorium? Will they be demolished?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 12:09 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,419,745 times
Originally, the Shell Building was to be renovated along with a new strength training facility for the olympic sports. I believe the weight room is still a go, but the Shell Building will probably see the wrecking ball. Not counting whatever they decide to do with the Natatorium (the rifle range is in there as well, and they'll probably renovate the rest of the building for athletic offices), removing the Shell Building, the outdoor track, and Hawley will net about 12 acres of land. A lot will go to parking, but that's still a large area with which to work.

Edit - WVUToday updated the article with more pictures. Looking at the site plan, it doesn't appear that there's anything for indoor track, so my guess is that the Shell Building will still be renovated.

Last edited by elewis7; 11-05-2015 at 12:19 PM..

Old 11-05-2015, 02:41 PM

890 posts, read 1,052,362 times
Now This is Exciting! what is a wet classroom though? teachin youngins how to swim?

Also, will all the pools (especially the pool with the diving tower) be public? I can understand if the 50 meter pool is set aside solely for organized competitions and what not....but the diving tower better be for everybody!!

Im most curious of all about the family water park.....what does that entail exactly? just a couple of kiddie slides? or more like some actual smaller water parks usually found in suburbs of big cities? (with lazy rivers, wave pools and a few big slides)

Old 11-06-2015, 06:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,280 times
Wet classrooms are just classrooms that are on the pool deck. Teams can use them for team meetings, watching film, or as a meeting place. They also use than at swim meets as places for the officials, coaches, and volunteers to meet.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:58 AM

98 posts, read 113,215 times
Default Recreation around Morgantown

Welcome to Bike Week in Morgantown . Hope everyone has fun and be safe . The festival has always been run and sponsored by Triple S . They have done a great job . However I understand this is the last year that they will be sponsoring the event . I was told a law firm across from BFS at the Gateway will be the new lead sponsor and organizer of the event . I wonder how this will change things . Any suggestions for improving the weekend ?

Old 07-25-2016, 06:06 PM

250 posts, read 331,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
Welcome to Bike Week in Morgantown . Hope everyone has fun and be safe . The festival has always been run and sponsored by Triple S . They have done a great job . However I understand this is the last year that they will be sponsoring the event . I was told a law firm across from BFS at the Gateway will be the new lead sponsor and organizer of the event . I wonder how this will change things . Any suggestions for improving the weekend ?
Yup. Time for me to go to Pittsburgh.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:25 PM

7 posts, read 11,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph3000 View Post
Yup. Time for me to go to Pittsburgh.
Yeah, wish i were heading out of town lol. Historically, that's what i do, but i'm stuck here this week...

Old 07-26-2016, 10:40 AM

334 posts, read 495,577 times
^ same here

wish Mountainfest was next weekend as I'm going to Indy on a weekend excursion.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:57 AM

632 posts, read 830,920 times
Luckily I'm leaving town this weekend.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:51 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,035,127 times
Default Brad Paisley Country Nation Tour Coming to Morgantown

WVU and IMG, along with Frontier Communications are combining to bring the Brad Paisley Country Nation Tour to Morgantown on Sept. 9th. for the Sept. 10th. football game weekend game against Youngstown State. The concert will be free of charge for members of the WVU Campus Community.

http://pacmail.em.marketinghq.net/fu...q_v=6a1e6e9580
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown