U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-22-2006, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 6,878 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Morgantown, my husband in Jan/Feb to start new job; myself and 2 teenage boys in early July. We've been to the area twice in the last few months. My husband will rent an apartment until July. We looked at two complexes, Brunswick and Timberline - thought their rents were high. Does anyone know of any other short term rental options?
We also trying tc find areas to buy a house in, weve been thru Bakers Ridge, Suncrest and a few newer developments but thought the houses were too close together. Are there any neighborhoods where you feel like you're in the country (around an acre), have privacy and the roads are paved.
Any insight, info would be so much appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2006, 11:03 AM

6 posts, read 56,836 times
Have you tried Cheat Lake? It is expensive but a lot of new developments are going up. Foxwood, Greystone, The Woodlands, and Imperial View are all developments with nice houses and the lots range from 0.5 to 1.5 acres.

Hope you find a place!

Old 12-04-2006, 12:57 PM

7 posts, read 36,241 times
Default Try the edge of town

Look in Westover, along the river. Also, there are several properties on the Kingwood Pike, and Grafton road (US-119). Then there are the many small towns surrounding Morgantown, like Granville, Maidsville, Osage, Blacksville, Rivesville, Pursglove, Masontown, Core, Point Marion, etc. You may find both rental property and affordably prices homes with land. If you want to go a bit farther out try Bruceton Mills, Albright, or Kingwood in Preston County.

Good Luck!

Old 06-24-2007, 03:46 PM

21 posts, read 73,568 times
Try Kingwood in Preston County. Or if you want a great view of the MTS and dont mind a longer drive, try somewhere in Tucker County.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:09 PM

93 posts, read 335,898 times
Next time I go to motown I'm going to check out the brunswick apartments but also the smaller nearbytowns mentioned here I'll look for complexes. fun fun

Old 02-10-2008, 01:06 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,705,980 times
South of Morgantown on I-79 at the first exit (Goshen Road) is the community/subdivision of Thistledown...has exactly what you are asking for...

Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 PM

93 posts, read 335,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
South of Morgantown on I-79 at the first exit (Goshen Road) is the community/subdivision of Thistledown...has exactly what you are asking for...

You're the bomb with all your ideas!

I'm probably going to print everything off that I've gotten from here (and my other research stuff)... go down there for a week after classes are done and see what happens with interviews... yay..

Old 02-12-2008, 06:35 PM

372 posts, read 801,039 times
I second DK's advice re checking out Thistledown. Nice homes, lovely setting, gorgeous area.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 PM

55 posts, read 124,536 times
Going to bump this old thread to see if anyone has information/opinions regarding Imperial East (next to Imperial View), Summit at Cheat Lake, or Falling Water. Wife and I have decided to move to Morgantown (currently renting in Bridgeport but like Morgantown area better) and like the feel of these three developments. We have a elementary age child so little ones in the community is important. We also like Brettwald near Suncrest and would appreciate any feedback on that as well. Any info is appreciated.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:30 PM

6,351 posts, read 4,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaono View Post
We are relocating to Morgantown, my husband in Jan/Feb to start new job; myself and 2 teenage boys in early July. We've been to the area twice in the last few months. My husband will rent an apartment until July. We looked at two complexes, Brunswick and Timberline - thought their rents were high. Does anyone know of any other short term rental options?
We also trying tc find areas to buy a house in, weve been thru Bakers Ridge, Suncrest and a few newer developments but thought the houses were too close together. Are there any neighborhoods where you feel like you're in the country (around an acre), have privacy and the roads are paved.
Any insight, info would be so much appreciated.
Timberline is one of the cheaper places, and it is not very nice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown