Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 11:48 AM

286 posts, read 345,158 times

Advertisements

Skyler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 03:01 PM

6,015 posts, read 9,014,635 times
No surprise here. This has been talked about a lot recently and if a major need for the football team. The room they meet in now is a joke for a major D-1 Program, and getting this upgrade will be a huge bonus for recruitment. The next thing to come (as far as team facilities goes) will be new practice fields, and hopefully that can come sooner rather than later.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:13 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,059,539 times
I agree. This facility is much needed to keep up in the Big 12. And like Chris stated, a new practice facility needs to be in the not so distant future. I have taken a full tour of the facilities at Ohio State, and it is light years ahead of existing football facilities at WVU.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:02 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,411,410 times
This should have been done years ago. Projects like this are the little things that will help build a sustainably successful program, though I'm still waiting for the more big-ticket items (expanded concessions, new IPF, new press box if it ever happens).

Old 12-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Programs like Ohio State, Oregon, Texas, USC, Bama, ect... have far superior facilities to us that it would take a lot of $$$ to compete with them. If we want to ever become a "real" top notch program, we need to consider the cost of competing for the best recruits which is having the best money can buy. Let's face it, getting 5 star players is going to take making the necessary upgrades to our stadium and team facilities. I'd like to see a new indoor and outdoor practice area, and possibly making a new team office and hall of traditions building so that more player development and lounge space can be installed in the puskar center.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM

708 posts, read 1,153,754 times
With Baylor getting a nice, new stadium, Do any of you think WVU will ever build a new stadium or would upgrades to Milan-Puskar/Mountaineer Field be sufficient for the next 10-20 years? Not saying anything is currently wrong with our Stadium, but a new stadium would help our image, recruiting, and make a statement that WVU is committed to winning on a consistent basis.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:32 PM

708 posts, read 1,153,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Programs like Ohio State, Oregon, Texas, USC, Bama, ect... have far superior facilities to us that it would take a lot of $$$ to compete with them. If we want to ever become a "real" top notch program, we need to consider the cost of competing for the best recruits which is having the best money can buy. Let's face it, getting 5 star players is going to take making the necessary upgrades to our stadium and team facilities. I'd like to see a new indoor and outdoor practice area, and possibly making a new team office and hall of traditions building so that more player development and lounge space can be installed in the puskar center.
I see we were thinking pretty much the same thing,lol

Old 12-08-2013, 05:43 PM

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...05023,0.010568

I made this on google maps (note don't use the 45 degree angle option because I designed it on the simple straight down option). It includes new practice facilities, new concourses with state of the art touch screen concession stands, party deck areas, new team areas, and a new wing for hall of traditions and team store. It also includes a third deck on the West Side of the Stadium adding roughly 20,000 more seats and more sky box seats underneath (between current 2nd deck and 3rd deck). New Press Box that will be mostly glass and run the length of the stadium. Also I added a player lounge area and a cafeteria for team and staff. Of course all of my additions include state of the art technology, a roomy feel, comfortable and stylish design, cutting edge architecture, and amenities on par with any college (or pro team for that matter) in the nation. Rough estimate for total project between $120 - $200 million. Win this battle one project at a time!

Last edited by Chriscross309; 12-08-2013 at 06:21 PM..

Old 12-08-2013, 07:37 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,998,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
This should have been done years ago. Projects like this are the little things that will help build a sustainably successful program, though I'm still waiting for the more big-ticket items (expanded concessions, new IPF, new press box if it ever happens).
All of that will happen, and more. West Virginia is already a Top 30 program revenue wise, and that is with what is essentially Big East money. This year's budget is $80 million plus. Within the next 3 years that will be $100 million per year, and move us up into the Top 15 or 20. We are going to have competitive facilities in every respect, and it is not going to take one cent of welfare from state government to make it happen.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,998,823 times
It is going to take any new player time to work himself into this system. I do notice that the current players are working more and more as a team, and the results are showing up in team performance.
There is a lot of young talent on this team. One of the pleasant surprises has been Nathan Adrian from Morgantown, but there are several good youngsters on this team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown