Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 04:34 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,437 times

Advertisements

ATTN West Virginians:

This BostonTea guy is Moab1 who was banned recently for trolling and generally acting like a spoiled child in the SC forum. The clock is ticking though, and he will be gone in the next several days. Until that glorious moment, my advice is to treat him like you would treat a homeless person babbling incoherently in the streets: ignore him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM

36 posts, read 50,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
ATTN West Virginians:

This BostonTea guy is Moab1 who was banned recently for trolling and generally acting like a spoiled child in the SC forum. The clock is ticking though, and he will be gone in the next several days. Until that glorious moment, my advice is to treat him like you would treat a homeless person babbling incoherently in the streets: ignore him.
Lizardspock is this angry gay man who stalks me from forum to forum because I said Brokeback Mountain is a sorry movie.

This "man" runs to the moderator like a little kid to their daddy everytime I say something that isn't celebratory of Obama.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:56 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
ATTN West Virginians:

It actually goes back further. Moab1 was just his recent troll account before that he was OrangeCrush6317 and before that TigerEngineer, and I believe he first came to this forum as BHarrison84. He has actually had 2-3 more accounts that were banned too.

I do agree though and encourage everyone to ignore him again. A few of you are not, you know who you are. Seriously if you keep responding to him he is going to come back. He just wants attention. Just ignore him and after a little awhile they will be gone for good. This is the only way to get rid of him.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 PM

36 posts, read 50,033 times
this babe has my numerous screennames memorized. Including the numbers on the end. You have to admire that. You know this woman is a catch. LOL

Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Default Football gameday questions for 10/19

1. Where is the best place to park? I think I might be driving in from the DC area that day, so when should I try to get there (for a noon kickoff)? Should I park next to the Coliseum anyway, or park downtown and take the rail?

2. I think I'm staying in Uniontown, PA that night. Should I try to find something to do around the stadium afterward until the traffic/crowds clear? How crowded do the restaurants get?

I know that this is a lot to ask, but I've not been to Morgantown before. Thanks!

Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Shoe... part of the response depends on what you plan to do before the game. If you plan to tailgate before the game, I would drive around the Evansdale area (area near the campus) and look for parking in one of the several private lots offering it in the area. If you don't plan to tailgate, but instead plan to visit bars and restaurants, a good place to park that is not far from the stadium is the Methodist Church on the corner of Van Voorhis Road and Patteson Drive (WV Route 705). If you arrive at least an hour and a half before kickoff, they generally have spaces and the cost is about $30, but it is an alcohol free lot so there is no partying allowed there. There are bars you can walk to nearby, including the Boston Beanery and Kegler's Sports Bar, both of which are very lively on game days.

We have around 60,000 fans for games here, many of which are from outside the area, so the restaurants are filled up before and after the games. It helps to have reservations for after the game at the better restaurants. Tell us what sort of food you like, and we could make some suggestions. There are 200 eateries here in Morgantown. You won't have trouble getting a drink after the games in any number of locations around town, but you might have to stand at the bar to do so for awhile.

If you are staying in Uniontown (a good choice since it is only 1/2 hour away), you can take PA 48 (The Mon Fayette Expressway) to Cheat Lake, then take I68 west from there to the Pierpont Road Exit. Take a right at the exit and basically follow the traffic to the game.

Welcome to Morgantown. We are happy to have visitors from our fellow Big XII schools come here, and you will find most of our fans will give you a warm welcome. You might even have trouble paying for your own drinks, because, in general, we are eager to make friends.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Thanks, CT! Looking forward to the trip.

Probably should have made it clearer--I think I'm staying in Uniontown the Saturday night after the game. Good thing it's a 12 PM start, as it could be a four-plus-hour game due to the offenses both teams run.

Most of our travel group is not into tailgating, so that's not an issue (except for the one who likes it).

As for eating afterward, I'd probably just like a good, fun, smoke-free American food restaurant--burgers, pizza, etc. Some in the group are beer and wine drinkers, so that might enter into it.

Would you recommend the PRT system? I noticed that it closes at 5.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Let's take those items one at a time. I would definitely recommend the PRT before and after the game. In fact, it officially stays open one hour after every game, but in reality they will stay open longer if people are waiting for rides at the platforms. They aren't going to shut it down with people waiting in line.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to get there a couple hours early and park in one of the downtown parking garages. That way you can park as long as you want and not have to worry about parking tickets, and you can take the PRT to the game from the Walnut Street Station. After the game, go to the Medical Campus Station and take the PRT back to Walnut Street. From there, it is a one block walk to dozens of eating possibilities. Send your partying friend down the hill to the Morgantown Brewing Company where he can eat and drink to his heart's content. You and your other friends can pick and choose from the many opportunities on High Street (one block in the other direction).

After you eat and browse around awhile downtown, it shouldn't be much trouble to get to Uniontown. Simply go down to University Ave. and turn left. You would drive about three miles on US 119 until you get to I68 East, which you would take for about 9 miles to WV48 North (The Mon Fayette Expressway). That road will take you straight to Uniontown in 20 minutes from there.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:24 PM

Thanks again!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 AM

37 posts, read 57,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Maybe the best thing to do would be to get there a couple hours early and park in one of the downtown parking garages. That way you can park as long as you want and not have to worry about parking tickets, and you can take the PRT to the game from the Walnut Street Station. After the game, go to the Medical Campus Station and take the PRT back to Walnut Street. From there, it is a one block walk to dozens of eating possibilities. Send your partying friend down the hill to the Morgantown Brewing Company where he can eat and drink to his heart's content. You and your other friends can pick and choose from the many opportunities on High Street (one block in the other direction).
Good advice. This is exactly what I do when I'm just driving into town for the game. I park in one of the city garages, have a beer or two before the game at Gibbie's, then take the PRT over to Mountaineer Field. And if you're wanting to get out of town right after the game, it's much easier to depart from downtown, where you can avoid much of the traffic around the stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown