Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 04:47 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times

Advertisements

Los Mariachis is apparently shooting for the new restaurant to open sometime in January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 04:40 AM

193 posts, read 281,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I hope so (but I could see Chic-fil-a building on that lot also) and hopefully the Waffle House sharing the parking lot with Panda Express since that lot has room for a Waffle House type building.
I agree on Chic-fil-a. I'm burned out on it but the locations in Morgantown and constantly packed. The only time I ever crave it is on Sunday. haha

Old 11-27-2017, 08:56 AM

Anyone have a clue what the restaurant being built in the side of the shopping center where the Hampton Inn is? I stopped by this weekend again and they are really moving fast with it but still nothing about what it is. I HATE when they don't put up signs about what is coming, such a dumb practice.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:12 PM

10 posts, read 13,100 times
Any updates? I'm beginning to think the developers don't have anything big (besides small crap like fast food chains) actually under contract or serious consideration or they'd be announcing or there would be rumors leaking.

Also, it seems like a lot of business are just opening up additional stores at these new locations, or moving from an old location to the new location and they spin it as "new business".

I work for Mylan and I'd love to see Mylan build a new office there, but it seems unlikely. If they do, however, these aren't "new jobs" that everyone gets so excited about.

Additional cell phone stores and mattress stores aren't the type of jobs this town needs and does nothing for the growth. We need legitimate $18/hr jobs and big business and they seem to be having trouble pulling that type of stuff in.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:47 PM

Hopefully spring will lead to announcements finally starting since you really can't build in the winter. It is weird things aren't being announced at all, especially ones we know that are coming like the Drury Inn, the new brewery, what ever is being built in the new strip center by the Hampton Inn (it really annoys me they don't put up signs saying what is coming soon). Plus the WestRidge Commons should be breaking ground in mid 2018 and they are getting close on having it completely flat and level. There is a ton of earth moving and infrastructure building going on but absolutely not a word about anything....sure is frustrating.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:48 PM

219 posts, read 247,541 times
I hope the Menards rumors are true. I'm so tired of Lowes.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:22 PM

456 posts, read 602,139 times
Menards has announced in Wheeling,Bridgeport,Huntington and Parkersburg. we wouldn't here anything till at least spring and probably be lucky then. lets just hope its new things to the area. the whole area should start filing up in the next few years fast. lets hope it done right.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:23 AM

WestRidge has updated their listings on loopnet. The industrial building up next to health net is going to be completed by January 18 and 2 of the three spaces inside of it are taken.

WestRidge Crossing off of the new exit has all of the lots spoken for apparently (despite what the picture shows, they are not available anymore) and the only two items left are the two end caps for the strip building they are going to build, which apparently will be done by September 2018.

First end cap description (3,000 sqft): "Highly-desirable, prominent end cap space at entrance to WestRidge Crossing. Contemporary architecture, upscale tenant line-up and amenities. Adjacent to new medical office, retail, restaurant, and corporate office development."

Second end cap description (4,200 sqft): "New restaurant endcap space to be built by September 2018, then finished to suit tenant. Contemporary architecture and upscale amenities, including a dedicated 900 SF patio for outdoor seating with great views."

Old 12-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Looks like the new food place going in the end unit across from the Hampton inn is “Blaze Pizza”

Old 12-15-2017, 03:20 PM

255 posts, read 390,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Looks like the new food place going in the end unit across from the Hampton inn is “Blaze Pizza”
You beat me to it. Yes Blaze Pizza. Apparently there is one in Monroeville but I haven’t researched it. They have a help wanted sign up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown