Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 08:58 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownRes View Post
I'm the person who originally had that parcel of land under control. My analysis called for 252 units. I included podium parking, but I also included first floor retail along UTC Drive. To justify the per acre price, the new developer had maximize the site load. You can view my analysis here if you're curious. It is about 18 months old now, so some figures will be out of date.

https://www.slideshare.net/slideshow...uZFXvMfu44FF1X
Thank you for sharing, that was a very interesting and enlightening read! Do you by chance know if the new developer will have retail like your plan or do you mean by "the new developer had maximize the site load", that it had to be complete residential?

Also if you can answer, do you know who the new company is?

Still blows my mind that there can be that many units on site, it must be deceptively small looking from the road.

I like that your focus was on working professionals/dinks for this project, its sorely needed, or seems to be anyway.

Last edited by WVUmatt; 06-15-2018 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 09:34 AM

75 posts, read 91,172 times
Unfortunately, I don't know any additional details other than that I think it will be a market-rate community.

I think with the AADT on that road continually increasing, retail made sense along the road frontage. This required a bit more in parking, but I believe the projected rents made it the right call and would add a little bit more of a sense of place.

And yes, with the development on the western side of the interstate, working professionals/DINKs make the best target market.

I'll be interested to see how this development plays out.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:33 PM

120 posts, read 151,535 times
Anybody hear anything about something big coming to the Fairmont area?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:27 PM

671 posts, read 1,057,394 times
Quote:
I'm the person who originally had that parcel of land under control. My analysis called for 252 units. I included podium parking, but I also included first floor retail along UTC Drive. To justify the per acre price, the new developer had maximize the site load. You can view my analysis here if you're curious. It is about 18 months old now, so some figures will be out of date.

Fun read, thanks. Out of curiosity, you note in the report that the parcel is within Morgantown. is that true? I thought that area at UTC was Granville.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:39 PM

456 posts, read 602,793 times
So what is the big thing supposedly coming to Fairmont. There has been nothing I have seen although the mall was bought out and supposedly that area was to be redeveloped. There is also the development that is cleared below the mall called Riverview Commons but nothing has happened there. They just finished a brownfield cleanup in Fairmont which could also see something if the city markets it correctly.There has been some saying they were going to expand the business park but I doubt they do that unless they have someone committed already.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:17 AM

120 posts, read 151,535 times
I don't know, but the guy who knows said his lips were sealed as he could be sued for a very large amount of money if he revealed what it was.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:12 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantide83 View Post
I don't know, but the guy who knows said his lips were sealed as he could be sued for a very large amount of money if he revealed what it was.
Marion County has a Tom Bloom?!?!

Old 06-17-2018, 09:46 AM

273 posts, read 382,235 times
Quote:

Thank you for sharing this.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:50 PM

5 posts, read 4,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I wonder if the black bears will buy some of the condos for their players to live at during the summet.
The Black Bears have "Host Families" for their players. Local families open up their homes and allow the players to stay with them, kind of like foreign exchange students. Not sure if they get a stipend for it, or just do it for the experience. I do not think the Black Bears would pay for a Condo to be used for a little over 2 months (mid June until beginning Sept.) in a town that is dependent upon August to May leases.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:51 PM

75 posts, read 91,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Fun read, thanks. Out of curiosity, you note in the report that the parcel is within Morgantown. is that true? I thought that area at UTC was Granville.

Yeah, It's wrong, you're right. It's a mistake I never got around to fixing. Good catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown