Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times

Advertisements

Love the B&W pix - looks like gals with bobby sox and guys with slicked back hair could be strolling out the doors any minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 01:35 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
Thanks Bailey...I'll file that away..evidently they are servicing other parts of the state..

nice pic...retro, right out of the 1940's..should be on the list for historical preservation...up here? the city fathers would take it down in a heartbeat..build a new parking lot...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 AM

6 posts, read 65,006 times
thanx for all....
and i think there is no way i must take a plane .

Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 AM

Sorry about that. Yea, everyone around WV just drives cuz we ususally have quite a distance to go to get anywhere.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:08 PM

It's like the irishman said..."you can't get there from here..."

Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 PM

Was in DC for 2 weeks at a convention several years ago. Going from place to place in small groups, our leader would hail a cab with a wave of her hand (she lived in DC). She got tickled at me cuz I wanted to hail the cab - just like on TV. I got tickled at her cuz she did not even own a car.

I don't think that in cities like DC or NY that people realize most of us in the US have to make a phone call to get a cab. Guess most of the population of the US must be hicks.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:19 AM

That's also the way to see DC..Van owners work the parking lots near the memorials just like the cabbies...Will take you on an all-day tour of the city sights..great way to do it...they take several small groups...load the van and drop them off..will say, 'I'll be back here at this same spot in 45 minutes." give a spoken presentation as they drive...here is this statue or that bridge. Cost is small compared to what you see.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,359 times
hey could u help me to reach morgantown from washington?
limo's would be very expensive!!
as i would be having huge baggages what should i do?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:39 PM

Take the Greyhound Bus from Washington, DC to Pittsburgh, Pa.
Then take the Morgantown Gray Line from Pittsburgh to Morgantown...

Takes several hours but is the answer to the Huge Baggage issue...

I gave you some points, Vaibib...you will need them

Old 12-20-2008, 09:25 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Washington DC or Washington Pa (about an hour from MoTown)?
Well either way, probably not.
Amtrak runs to southern WV so that's no help. May see if Greyhound makes a stop - looks like there is no station in MoTown. Greyhound.com : Locations : West Virginia

Apartments close to WVU - there are scads of them although at this time of year they do get more scarce. Do you need close as in walking to class or the PRT or within a couple miles. You can't believe how many there are and how many new ones are going up. Although, a lot of them are for sale rather than rent. Also check out trailers.
Look in MountainLair.com - Your Morgantown, WV Information Source , the local paper is the Dominion Post, look through old posts here - I think someone had one to sublet, see Metro Property Management - Morgantown, West Virginia: Go WebSite Live™ and Morgantown, WV Apartments and Houses for Rent, Local Apartment and Home Rentals, House, Townhome, and Condo Rentals, Vacation Rentals, Roommate and Sublet Classifieds :: Search Results - Page 1 and Morgantown Apartments For Rent in Morgantown, West Virginia and google "apartments morgantown wv"
Actually there is a commuter bus that runs to and from Clarksburg through Fairmont, Morgantown, Waynesburg, Washington and on to the Pittsburgh bus/train station and airport. I believe it is called the Gray Line but it is run by the Morgantown City Bus Service. Go to the Mountain Line web page and the details are there. You can even buy a lunch on the bus. Cost from Pittsburgh to Morgantown is $20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown