U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:55 PM

1,641 posts, read 1,998,864 times

Advertisements

Good win last night for the Mountaineers. They played a strong 2nd half, and out rebounded the Rebels 50-28!

Next up is Seton Hall butt Pirates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 03:24 PM

6,834 posts, read 5,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Penguins are good...they have a Kennedy on the roster.
I hope it's the West Virginia branch of the family rather than the Hyannis Port branch!

Old 12-24-2009, 04:33 PM

2,380 posts, read 4,472,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I hope it's the West Virginia branch of the family rather than the Hyannis Port branch!
Kennedy, you got any relatives in Sault Saint Marie, Ontario??? Cause that's where the Penguins' Kennedy is from.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:20 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,739,059 times
Seton Who?

...that was a heart attack game...I hate overtime games...

And it's just the right weather to bake some homemade pepperoni buns....thanks, Pharm...think I'll fry them in that cast iron skillet this time...

Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM

6,834 posts, read 5,284,721 times
Next up for the 10-0 #6 West Virginia Mountaineers... 9-3
Marquette at the sure to be rocking Coliseum.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:52 AM

What we are seeing is the genuis of real coaching...and it's hard to get used too.

Back in the old days, our Mountaineers would fold the game and take their loss..as expected.

Not anymore...that Seaton Hall game was so simple...

"It's about Defense", he said when the overtime began..."remember how we started this game? Wells, they are coming at us just like they did at the start of the game. We are going to contain them and blow them off the floor...get ready for it and get to work!"

And that's what they did...that game was like an incredible chess match with only one survivor...feels strange that the survivor was us..

It's time for everyone to buy a ticket and see this basketball magic...this caliber of coaching perfection will be fleeting and come around for us once in a lifetime...

*St. Sault Marie? ha ha...that (Tyler?) Kennedy Kid isn't a relative that I know of...but his town is a great jumping off place for great Canadian fishing...someday, I tell you all a story about 4/6 lb trout that grow up there...east of Lake Nipigon..

Last edited by David Kennedy; 12-29-2009 at 01:03 AM..

Old 12-30-2009, 07:49 AM

With the incredible basketball season presently unfolding, this will be an important thread to watch..

Old 01-03-2010, 03:13 PM

605 posts, read 601,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
It's National Championship time this year...March is just around the corner..

Move over Kansas and let the Mountaineers through...is Beano Cook still alive?

What's the Vegas line on this basketball dream? anybody know?

Sorry, David. This team has a tremendous amount of work to make a deep March run. They need a true point guard who wants to be a point guard and not a scorer.

Mazulla would be good at this but his shoulder doesn't appear to be allowing him that opportunity. Truck just seems to be as interested in scoring as he is in leading in assists.

We have three consistent scorer's in Jones, Ebanks, and Butler. We need others to step up similar to Wellington Smith's performance a few games back.

Not trying to be negative but these are my observations as a "bball junkie".

Old 01-03-2010, 04:41 PM

"It's national championship time this year ???? " That statement came from the coach...He said it first.

Hope he's right...just a thing about teams jellin' and hitting the peak in March..

Personally, I see Kentucky, Louisville and Kansas and don't think we are in their league or even close.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 PM

605 posts, read 601,972 times
I hadn't seen him quoted like that but I'm with you. Don't count Texas out of the equation either. Villanova is picked for the Big East but Huggy might have their number.

I love March Madness! Wait, this is only January.....I must stop wishing my life away. LOL

I caught the major portion of the second half of TN women whipping OK tonight. Pat Summit has zero seniors on this squad so next year that might make a run at Geno UConn.

Also, saw a little of Duke/Clemson. The halftime score was 30-12, Duke. Clemson came back to within seven and then Coach K had had enough. Called a TO and the final was something like 21 point differential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown