U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-26-2010, 05:32 PM

17 posts, read 41,836 times

Advertisements

Got a question, how much should affordable college housing, or what I am really looking for is a single apartment, run around in Morgantown? I've been browsing around for some time, and see lots of apartments ranging from $500-800 but these seem to be the "directly off campus" types.

I don't want to be stationed exactly within 10 minute's walking distance, up to 30-60mins of biking is fine with me.

I read there are 1 BR homes? How much should rent for these cost for a college student?
(I am from the west, we don't have such things around here!)

Can I get by Morgantown decently year round with a bicycle for transportation in general errands? Or would I be looked as a fool to accomplish such a feat?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM

6,790 posts, read 5,231,455 times
A bicycle is very doable in Morgantown most of the year, but the winters tend to be cold and snow is not uncommon. It would be very difficult then.
If you are a college student the public transportation in Morgantown is very good, and free for you to use. You can live away from campus but in the area and ride the bus/PRT to class or just about anywhere else with little difficulty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown