Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM

64 posts, read 195,548 times

Advertisements

Is there any way a consumer can get/follow their TU "classic 04" score?

When I looked up my credit score directly on transunion.com, it gave me a score much higher than what my mortgage lender was reporting to me. I looked at a copy of my credit report from him and it looks like they are using "TUC FICO Classic 04". From a little bit of research and the 60 point discrepancy between the scores, I'm guessing that the transunion.com site is posting a different type of TU score.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 AM

836 posts, read 1,778,469 times
Same thing happened with Experian About 60-point difference. False hopes and lost time in waiting.

Not sure why "even bother" - i.e. why they let you see the score when it's not the same as what shows to banks

(I got truer picture through paid website that shows all three scores - mght be the only way?)

Old 06-25-2011, 05:18 AM

110 posts, read 163,916 times
Not sure if it is the same now, but a few years back there were different kinds of credit reports depending upon what type of credit the individual was applying for. In the mortgage industry, they were called RMCR (Residential Mortgage Credit Report). Banks, brokers, credit unions would pull an RMCR to check credit and look at scores. The factors the credit depositories used to compile the scores for an RMCR were different than what they would use for a "regular" credit report.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 AM

835 posts, read 3,978,397 times
You may have gotten your "advantage score". This is a slightly different scoring model than fico, but the big difference is the range of scores. Advanatage scores are in a range 100 points higher. Instead of 350-850 they run 450-950.

Best website for scores is myfico.com.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:07 AM

64 posts, read 195,548 times
Yes, the score I got from the website was a "vantage" score or something like that.

I thought I read that the scores on myFICO are also these vantage scores with the different points range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages