U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:09 PM

6,591 posts, read 19,426,425 times

Advertisements

dolly im in the same boat, there now introducing lots of new charges (i have friends a few towns over that are in a "testing area" they get charges $3 a month just to have an ATM card plus $3 for every direct deposit payment each month)

ill be moving my money away from wels fargo as soon as i ca find a bank i like/know if i am moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 PM

658 posts, read 1,440,249 times
I just had an appointment this afternoon with the loan officer at my local Wells Fargo, he requires a lot of documents that I already prepared in advance, so everything went smoothly. But I'm surprise that at Wells Fargo, they don't have tea or coffee or at least water for clients like the other loan offices do.
I just want to have a pre-approved loan letter ready for buying a house that we're still looking for, and we are valued customer, maybe that's why everything seems easy.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 AM

353 posts, read 760,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBy View Post
I just had an appointment this afternoon with the loan officer at my local Wells Fargo, he requires a lot of documents that I already prepared in advance, so everything went smoothly. But I'm surprise that at Wells Fargo, they don't have tea or coffee or at least water for clients like the other loan offices do.
I just want to have a pre-approved loan letter ready for buying a house that we're still looking for, and we are valued customer, maybe that's why everything seems easy.
Just wait until it's time to close and you are asked for that same documentation 5 more times. We've been pre-approved since May. Apparently that means nothing.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:01 AM

2,291 posts, read 4,679,735 times
Yes, the process has just begun, today, pre-approval is just a piece of paper that gets handed to the real estate agent, in hopes to sway the seller into accepting the buyers offer to buy the home.

My dad died last year, I put his house up for sale, had a contract in 2 days, fell through, back up, 3 days later contract number 2, fell through, back up we go, 2 weeks later, contract #3....guess what? It, too, fell through. All three buyers were pre-approved for more $ than the contract price of the house.

Now, we have contract #4, pre-approved by Wells Fargo for $200,000, both contract signers had good jobs with the state, and, employed for over 10 years. NINETY days later, we still had not closed, WF made them jump through every hoop known to man. Finally, the buyers got pissed, walked into another morgage lender, all paperwork in hand, and the closing took place two weeks later.

It took a total of 7 months to close a deal on my dads home, I had no trouble selling it, just couldn't get to closing.

Don't hang your hat on a pre-approval letter, basically, it is a worthless piece of paper.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Base on your stories, maybe I need to prepare with another bank from now, how's about First Trust Bank? I've got pre-approved with them already, too.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 AM

42,024 posts, read 48,869,942 times
I worked with someone who was very attentive and pretty much took everything into his own hands (this was a private lending company)...and they still crawled up my butt and called my work several times (including the day of closing) to verify that I had a job. This is with an 800 credit rating, 45% down payment, and no other debt.

That's just the new reality. I don't think it's just Wells Fargo.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 AM

6,591 posts, read 19,426,425 times
i agree i dont think its JUST wells fargo, but from what im seeing WF is a BIG problem company...

i too had NO problems getting my pre-approval...i got all the way to underwriting to close before things got ridiculous...asking for multiple copies of the same things, telling me they had it then telling me they never recived it ect...
plus giving me wrong information reguarding seller contributions, i was told the contribution amount was fine by 4 different people before it got to the finalization at which time i was told "opps sorry not ok" after talking to 10 other people via their own transferes and being told by som it was fine and others it wouldnt i finally said **********, im not getting to the closing table only to find out WF wont allow the seller contribution.

whent local and theyve been great so far, whent to the underwriter on friday of last week and now im just waiting to hear back with a hopeful positive and closing date *fingers crossed*

i filed a formal complaint with WF about the whole thing...and they just said "oh...well we dont know how that happend..." and hung up on me. *shrugs*

seems to me WF are fine up untill its time to close the deal!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:14 AM

You can report your complaint to local BBB.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 164 times
if you have a well fargo loan for your mortgage, can you pay just your mortgage up a few months in advance?

Old 05-09-2018, 09:21 AM

10,196 posts, read 6,146,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twalker9 View Post
if you have a well fargo loan for your mortgage, can you pay just your mortgage up a few months in advance?
Do you mean something like pay June, July and August payment all in one day?

You might have to call them for it. Is there any reason why you would want this?

It's very easy to just pay for your mortgage online if you set up your bank account in payments.

You can also pay extra on just your principal to make the loan term shorter, but that's not paying a few months in advance.

I didn't get my loan thru WF but my loan was sold to them and so far I'm very happy with all the info they have online and how easy it is to make a payment and even pay extra principal if you want. Also I've had changes from tax differences when I got homestead and they sent a refund check and lowered the payment a bit, I also got my insurance reduced because I got storm shutter and am expecting a partial refund and a they lowered my payment too for the escrow amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or