U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 12:03 PM

10 posts, read 38,154 times

Advertisements

We are supposed to close on the sale of our house this Friday, October 28th and STILL DONT HAVE FINAL APPROVAL on the buyers loan?? There were some documents the lender was missing and had to get from the buyers, all these forms were completed and sent to the underwriter last Tuesday.

I keep bugging the lender and he keeps telling me "it's in underwriting, I asked them to put a rush on the final approval to go from clear to close" OUr house went under contract on Sept 9th, I don't understand what's taking so long??

I.m nervous this deal is going to fall thru!!!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM

14,676 posts, read 15,501,187 times
I'm sure there are people who know more about this than I do, but I don't think the situation is all that unusual. The lender generally runs a credit check again right before closing to make sure the borrower hasn't taken out any loans since the initial loan approval. Final approval isn't given til that has been done.

We sold a house and closed about 2 weeks ago. The week before we were scheduled to close, the lender saw that the buyer had recently received a big deposit in his bank account. As it turned out, it was a gift for the deposit and so they had to provide a gift letter. They didn't get the letter in until Monday and so we didn't have a firm closing date and time until Tuesday and we closed on Wednesday. So, unless the lender is indicating that something is really wrong, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:08 AM

333 posts, read 884,451 times
Same thing happened with my last one. I was on pins and needles, but apparently this is not that unusal.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,775 times
My frist closing day was oct 21 then oct 28 no closing now oct 31 no call from the land so I call and that when she said i will closed on oct 31 will I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages