Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 11:20 AM

6 posts, read 13,426 times

Advertisements

I plan to buy a house in the near future. We are looking at the USDA loan program. The problem is I have been told you have to have a Two yr. work history. If this is true what other options do I have? Do they ever bend the rules slightly or have some type of Waiver for the Two yr. work history. I have been in my present job for 1 yr. 3 months. I have credit scores of 787, 799, 813. I have a 44k salary just would like some advice/info on this issue. Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 04:37 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,911,833 times
UDSA defaults to FHA guidelines (at least in my corner of the world). What were you doing pior to the job you are on?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:33 AM

6 posts, read 13,426 times
Cool Work History 2yr.

I worked as a self employed pipe welder. I had to take about 1 1/2 yrs. of no work due to some health problems. survived my monthly bills by selling a farm my home and paying medical bills from a 401k. It was a rough time but I got through it with family and God's help. I now work for Tyson as a Safety manager/supervisor. been employed with this great company for 1 yr. 3 months. I have always paid my bills/past mortgage on time and paid off past mortgages hence the good credit scores I assume. Im just in a dilema with the usda loan qualifications needing a 2 yr. work history. Would love to get a loan on a new home through the usda loan program. Since I dont have a 20 percent down payment on hand. I also like the idea of the no pmi on a loan through the usda. I have the cash on hand to pay the usda fees up front. Just needing some advice to get an idea what my options would be. I would love to have my own home once again. with todays great intrest rates and loan programs.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:39 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,341,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatmochikn View Post
I also like the idea of the no pmi on a loan through the usda.
USDA does have mortgage insurance now, and you have to pay it for the life of the loan. But it is much less expensive than other loans.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:17 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
PMI is commonly required when the two year history cannot be met, and also, they will look whether the new job is very similar to what you did before, which increases your chances of success there. For example, switching from call center operator to computer technician would not
look as good as the same occupation just at a different employer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages