Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 922 times

Advertisements

I have first mortgage 111.000 second 26,000, 6% intrest on first and 6.5% intreast on second . I want to refinance get a lower intrest rate. I am going through a devorce and spouse wants me to take over all bills and pay him 10,000 and then I can buy the house. as of right now I pay mortgage payment of when he had a great job now lost. I can only pay with my 15,000 that I make a year. we owe 8,000 in debt wich I pay through green path debt counselor solutions. I rent 4 rooms out at aproximatly 1.200 a month if no one moves out. with utilities and all debt it cost me 2400.00 a month. The renters dont count when I want to refinance . any one have any sujestions for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 PM

4,566 posts, read 10,654,191 times
You dont make enough to refinance. Either keep paying or sell the house.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:40 AM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,083 times
if the loan is in both names, the poster may have no choice but to refi or sell. If i was getting divorced and wife was keeping home, i would make sure the divorce papers required her to get my name off the loan so if a payment is missed, my credit isnt damaged.

But reading the post, it is very unlikley the poster can refi due to income and credit.

I would suggest you contact your current lender, let them know the situation and see if they can offer any help.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorBurek View Post
....the loan is in both names, they have no choice but to refi or sell......
There are only two ways - refinance, or sell..... I've worked with this type of situation many times in the last 12 years. The terms of the loan stand, because both borrowers information was used to qualify the loan.

I suggest not to refinance because if will cost you more in lost equity. Because you just got divorced, suggest to apply for a loan modification.

The three "D's" - Death, Divorce, Disability, can qualify you for a lower payment without being late on the mortgage. You need to be very careful on how much information you share with your lender. Many times people end up by victims because they shared to much information.

PM me if you need any help...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages