U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 05:51 PM

713 posts, read 1,250,555 times

Advertisements

has anyone done a refi as a HARP 2.0 refi, and if so by which lender?

what i am finding is, many lenders say they do HARP 2.0 but in reality they dont use DU Refi-Plus, they simply do their own refi and many times they change the rules, which is in fact not a HARP refi.

another question is, i recall reading docs (need to go find them again) about Fan Mae HARP refi, in that if the loan had pmi the refi requires the pmi to carry-over at same or higher coverage, and that the existing level of homeowner paid principle % (principle to original sales price) remains intact. my current pmi company (defunct PMI) will re-issue current pmi cert for HARP refi's, etc.

i got a GFE from a mortgage broker ("broker" = middle man and you pay more) but it looks like a brand-new loan, zero down, but the 22% pmi level is reached in year 2029 !! so, this does not look like a HARP refi like they said it was.

anyone else running into this same problem?

anyone have Seterus as their servicer? as i inderstand it, servocers simply provide the resources to collect mortgage payments on behalf of a lender. so, i should be able to ask Seterus who my current lender is, or can they hide that info from me? thus far i have not contacted the current lender because i dont know who current lender is, i only know Fan Mae owns the loan.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM

713 posts, read 1,250,555 times
anyone

Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM

1,756 posts, read 3,150,925 times
I refinanced my underwater condo under HARP in December...I had to get PMI (no choice). It is only $95 a month (used to be $105 on my old loan). When you refinance, your loan is processed as a new loan.,so I am not sure what your questions is re: that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages