Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times

Advertisements

refinancing fha loan........have a 20k outstanding balance to IRS in which we are making monthly payments on.......do we have to pay it off with the proceeds of the refinance......Is this some kind of FHA rule.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile IRS would subordinate this

As long as you are making payments, this would have to be subordinated (ask your mortgage broker). If you were not making payments, that would be part of the process.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 AM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times
Default what do u mean by subordinated......

we have made one payment and on time........but the mortgage guy said that we have to pay the IRS because we don't have a 12 month history of payments.......It also doesn't shop up on or credit report as a negative.......

Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM

835 posts, read 3,978,397 times
If it doesn't show up on credit and it is not payroll deducted there is only 1 other way I can think of that they could have found it- during the title search. This means the IRS is in first lien position. You can not get an FHA loan in 2nd lien position that I have ever heard of. Even if you get the IRS to subordinate you still have to count it against TLTV or Total Loan To Value-Total of all liens on a property. If your loan is $100k $20k is significant in this calculation. If you loan is $250k not nearly as significant. There are guidelines which govern the maximum allowable percentages.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:26 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
we have made one payment and on time........but the mortgage guy said that we have to pay the IRS because we don't have a 12 month history of payments.......It also doesn't shop up on or credit report as a negative.......
One payment isn't enough. You need a 12-month history of on time payments to the IRS to be considered for FHA financing.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2jules View Post
If it doesn't show up on credit and it is not payroll deducted there is only 1 other way I can think of that they could have found it- during the title search.
It will show when the 4506T is processed. "Outstanding balance" will be there clear as day. There's no hiding it. It should be paid. I have yet to see IRS ever agree to put themselves in second lien position (in writing), although I have run across those that have claim to done it. (but these are not people that I know, only online personalities or other lenders that want the loan, maybe, someone that plans to hide the information).

Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 AM

835 posts, read 3,978,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
It will show when the 4506T is processed. "Outstanding balance" will be there clear as day. There's no hiding it. It should be paid. I have yet to see IRS ever agree to put themselves in second lien position (in writing), although I have run across those that have claim to done it. (but these are not people that I know, only online personalities or other lenders that want the loan, maybe, someone that plans to hide the information).

Very good to know- fortunately I have never had a client in this position before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages