U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 PM

16 posts, read 46,676 times

Advertisements

Our mortgage company keeps reporting us late on our mortgage and we ARE NOT! I have diputed it with them on the phone and they have VERIFIED we are not late, however they will not send paper work stating this. They suggested I go through Experian and Equifax and dispute it, so I did. They not only did not correct the information, they reported us late again for June 2013....OUR MORTGAGE ISNT EVEN DUE UNTIL JUNE 17TH!!!!!!! HELP!! I have sent a dispute through the Federal Reserve. I have also contacted an on-line credit counseling firm. My husband and I have worked for three years to clean up our credit so we can purchase a new home this summer. This is the ONLY thing that is stopping us from getting a loan. I FEEL STUCK>>>>>Please give advice!! THANK YOU!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 PM

10,683 posts, read 28,516,426 times
CFPB > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

you have cancelled checks to support your position.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,766,601 times
Send a letter to the attention of their legal department via certified mail, with a demand that they report correctly, otherwise you'll be required to hire an attorney.

The forums at creditboards.com is a good place to do some research on this type of matter.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:17 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,165,968 times
You do not need an attorney -

Asking the bank for a letter you are not late is not correct.

This is what you need to do.....
  • * You want to request (in writing) a pay history on your account. You should receive within 30 days.

* Then with a copy of your pay history, send a letter to Experian to dispute it off your credit report. It takes 30 days to verify the results. You providing them with information they can use, makes it easier for them to find results favoring you. Additionally include in you letter " You request them to report their findings to Equifax and Transunion CB's".

Old 06-18-2013, 04:35 AM

14,320 posts, read 17,538,176 times
And stay far far away from any "on line credit counseling firm" that wants money or a credit card number from you. Most of these "firms" are scams.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:56 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,165,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
And stay far far away from any "on line credit counseling firm" that wants money or a credit card number from you. Most of these "firms" are scams.
Somewhat agree for every 5 to 10 firms doing the right thing, there are always a few bad apples out there. When I was a loan officer, had no problem spending 15 minutes to correct a potential borrower with their credit report.

Did this until I was burnt by this one borrower in Florida, saying he was interested in buying his first home. I worked with over a year raising his score to the low 700's. At the end his father came into the picture saying he had a friend who was also a loan officer offering a 0.5% lower rate. They got to closing the rate went up and closed 0.25% higher than what I offered.

Disputing a credit report yourself is easy. When people ask for help with their credit score, spend 5 minutes telling them they need to learn to repair their own credit on their own. There is some much information out on the internet - if they can't learn to help themselves, will they ever learn to change their ways to be able to maintain a high credit score .....

Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,264,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
YES! And the biggest scumbags on the planet are those Debt Settlement companies. Idiot losers who failed in mortgage jumped ship to this scam when they could no longer just take orders in the mortgage world. They take your money, ruin your credit, allow you to be sued, and disappear. Absolute scum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or