Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 05:46 PM

229 posts, read 564,301 times

Advertisements

Single member LLC here and use Schedule C for taxes. I understand that the underwriters will take two years of my AGI and average out 24 months of income.

So my question is more about expenses/liabilities. If they're using the AGI figure, then that means I should list none of my business expenses that were already deducted on the Schedule C, correct?

I pay myself through member draws for the purpose of paying things like health insurance monthly premiums, contributions to IRA, quarterly tax, money for entertainment (dining, etc)

I have been living with family for the past several years as I've built my business so I have no monthly housing expenses to list. On the Uniform Residential Loan Application under section VI, assets and liabilities, what exactly do they want to see for liabilities? I have no auto loan, I don't owe anyone anything... Credit card payments are minimal if I buy something for myself.. What am I missing here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 07:19 PM

3,805 posts, read 9,302,051 times
http://www.radian.biz/DocLatestVersi...s%20Calculator

Old 08-27-2013, 07:25 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,331 posts, read 80,658,912 times
I bought a home and refinanced twice while self employed, and it was easier then than now. They required not only two years of full tax returns, but also two years of profit/loss statements, business and personal checking account statements. They will go over it with a fine tooth comb, and will only count IRS reported income toward your qualification. You may not have many liabilities, but for some people they will include things like alimony and child support, in addition to credit card and other credit debt. Anything that you have to pay and can't cancel.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:00 AM

229 posts, read 564,301 times
No, no alimony or child support.. I live pretty simply and stay out of drama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages