U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 07:24 PM

3,624 posts, read 6,756,846 times

Advertisements

In addition to your possible mortgage fraud problems, you have failed to be truthful with your auto insurance co. As to where you live. If you had a claim, that very well would be grounds to deny paying it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 PM

39,003 posts, read 37,656,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaki View Post

Health insurance is also covered til we are 26, so we aren't getting married until then.
You should know this ^^^ isn't something to brag about ...

You two have a LOT to learn about handling problems maturely. You can't just "gloss over" information about where you live etc. when you're dealing with legal documents like mortgages and insurance.

Reporting a change of address is a lot more convenient than lawsuits and jail time.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:52 AM

9 posts, read 16,158 times
Health insurance is very expensive for me due to medical problems... And the place i work does not offer health insurance.

And yes I realize something "could" happen but its a lot better than my car being towed away if i get pulled over by police (in my city, they are allowed to tow your car away if you don't have insurance) I had a claim a few months ago that went through with no problems. Then again, I come from a city where insurance is required yet about 40% of motorists do not have it anyways...

Back to my original topic: I looked over the original paperwork and the only place that "rent" or lease was mentioned was in the calculations part, which is basically "how much we think we can afford" and the total debt to income ratio part (what the computer program calculates). It was never a factor in any way as far as I can tell..

The only thing I'd see considered as "fraud" is if i had doctored any of my income/bank statements/etc. If they ask for my other bank account, then I give them what they want. It goes along what my loan officer had said. If they don't want to see it, then it won't matter to them.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:10 PM

48 posts, read 105,294 times
Quote:
....we've been together for 10 years but never actually lived with each other...
Quote:
....We are 23 and not a lot of people buy houses when they are only 23,......
You've been together since you were 13?? That's crazy! (Not downing you at all, just rare to ever hear that.) Good Luck with the new house!

Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 AM

7,598 posts, read 17,614,249 times
There's a new phrase in mortgage lending that applies to the OP's situation to a "T," called convenience fraud. It's taking the industry by storm, whether performed by the borrower or the loan officer, or even the loan processor. But none of this is enough to wind someone in jail. However, reading the OP's post, it's apparent there's a rude introduction to reality on it's way.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 PM

5,439 posts, read 14,324,626 times
Was there a form that asked where you currently live , and you put your parents house?

Generally rental related info has not been part of getting a mortgage for me. I don't remember my bank asking me what my rent was or when my lease ended on my apartment. It wouldn't be considered part of your debt:income ratio either.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 AM

7,598 posts, read 17,614,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post

Generally rental related info has not been part of getting a mortgage for me. I don't remember my bank asking me what my rent was or when my lease ended on my apartment. It wouldn't be considered part of your debt:income ratio either.
Post mortgage crisis, housing shock, that is the increased percentage of what was being paid to the proposed amount is now considered when reviewing a mortgage application. Freddie loans actually require some sort of payments history towards housing. In the OP's situation, she would have 100% housing shock, which is one layer of risk.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 AM

9 posts, read 16,158 times
Thank you for all the feedback.

I have been approved and will close next week.

Looks like everything turned out fine, though I probably wouldn't put myself in that position again!

Joe Moving was probably close to my actual situation, it wasn't really mentioned or put into the paperwork except when they were doing the pre-qualifications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or