U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:37 AM

42 posts, read 129,254 times

Advertisements

I'm sure many people have a question similar to this one. I see there's a post about USDA approval time frames, but it's from 2012 with a few 2013 questions buried below it.

Does anyone know how I can find out how badly they are backlogged? I called our district office after reading that people could do that and find out that "Today, we are working on files from X date to Y date." However, our office merely told us to talk to our realtor. Our realtor has not found out anything yet. I'd sure like to get it from the horse's mouth, as we made the mistake of allowing the realtor to have dual agency (never doing that again--the cons outweigh the pros!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 AM

3,318 posts, read 7,257,563 times
They are not reviewing new files yet.

From USDA this morning:

A few notes to help keep you updated with the most current information that we have available:

ØAs noted yesterday we have not yet received allocated funding from the Continuing Resolution that was passed on October 16th. We also have not, at this time, received authority to issue approvals with the “Subject to Funding” clause. As such we cannot currently issue new Conditional Commitments (CCs). We are still reviewing files to have them ready when we can issue CCs. If you have files that are already here that are no longer active or something has changed please let us know.

ØAs you probably already know GUS (their automated Underwriting system) is not currently working and we do not know if this will be resolved yet today. Our National Office staff is currently working on this issue and we will let you know when it is working again.

Once again, further updates will be forthcoming as new information becomes available.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Thank you so much! Although not good news, it is extremely helpful, and that's just what I need right now! Could you please share the link to that info so that I would be able to periodically check on it myself as the days go by?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 AM

7,598 posts, read 17,629,190 times
That was an automated email release, not a website. The local recording (VA) states the same thing. Your lender has access to these releases and should be keeping you in the loop. But one thing is clear, wherever they were before the shutdown, they are now taking 2.5+ weeks longer.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 AM

7,598 posts, read 17,629,190 times
Just received in my inbox from USDA:

Programand System Availability Update

Several USDA websites/applications were disabled inconnection with the recent Federal Government shutdown. This has delayedUSDA’s completion of fiscal year-end accounting processes. This processwill take several days to complete. The Guaranteed Underwriting System(GUS) will become operational on Monday, October 21, 2013.

Other internal USDA systems will not be operational untillate next week. For example, USDA will be unable to process lendersubmitted loan closings until late next week

We are uncertain when fiscal year 2014 funding will becomeavailable in the system. Thus, beginning on Oct. 21, 2013, we will beginissuing Conditional Commitments “subject to commitment authority.” AnyConditional Commitments issued “subject to commitment authority” will containthe following language:

Funds are not presently available for this ConditionalCommitment. The Rural Housing Service’s obligation under this ConditionalCommitment is contingent upon the availability of an appropriation from whichpayment for contract purposes can be made. No legal liability on the part ofthe Rural Housing Service for any payment on this Conditional Commitment mayarise until funds are made available to the Rural Housing Service State Officewhere the application was submitted for this Conditional Commitment and untilthe Lender receives notice of such availability, to be confirmed in writing bythat Rural Housing Service State Office. More specifically, thisConditional Commitment is subject to the Rural Housing Service receivingsufficient funds (in the Program Financial Control System for the Single FamilyHousing Guaranteed Loan program for the Type of Assistance and State ofapplication submission) to fund this and all prior eligible outstandingapplications in their entirety in the time and date order received in the Stateof application submission. When such funds become available, RuralDevelopment will notify the lender, and the guarantee process will continuesubject to all applicable Agency regulations and conditions set forth in thisConditional Commitment. Rural Development will not reserve loan funds forapplications in process during this timeframe. Lenders may close the loanas scheduled. The lender will assume all risk of loss for the loan untilRural Development obligates funds and the Loan Note Guarantee is subsequentlyissued. When the lender requests the Loan Note Guarantee, the lender mustcertify to the Agency, using the process provided in this commitment, thatthere have been no adverse changes to the borrower’s financial condition sincethe date the Conditional Commitment was issued by the Agency. The lenderwill submit the appropriate guarantee fee at the time they request the LoanNote Guarantee. The loan will be subject to an annual fee of 0.4 percentof the average scheduled unpaid principal balance of the loan. The Agency willnot be able to issue the Loan Note Guarantee until these conditions are met andfunding is obligated

Eligible areas for USDA Rural Housing Programs: The “Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014” (H.R. 2775) was signed into lawby the President of the United States. Therefore, barring furtherCongressional action, current eligible areas for USDA Rural Housing Programswill remain unchanged through January 15, 2014. (H.R. 2775 extends Sec.731 of H.R. 933 “Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013”)
Questions regarding this message may be directed to theNational Office at (202)720-1452.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 AM

Sure appreciate the info!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM

17 posts, read 44,176 times
Maybe, just maybe I will get to close on my loan now! We were 3 days out from getting our CC when the government shut down..

Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 7,153 times
underwriting system just came back up today

Old 10-23-2013, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 5,378 times
My family and I are homeless due to this mess.We are going on a week we sold our home lastweek and still no answer on my usda loan on our new home.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:04 PM

2,306 posts, read 3,275,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcconville View Post
Maybe, just maybe I will get to close on my loan now! We were 3 days out from getting our CC when the government shut down..
I was close to closing too. Hopefully it closes by end of November but I kind of have my doubts. I want my home sold and not rented out...Buyer is now living in my home as renters due to the fact we're unable to close on this danged USDA loan. I also had to pay for 2 homes there for a little while...not happy about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages