U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2014, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
7,388 posts, read 5,798,582 times
Reputation: 6519

Advertisements

maybe someone else will be able to benefit or learn from your experience.

I sure hope that any of my clients that find themselves in such a situation call me much faster. You took a long time - somewhat understandably - before you've been able to wrap your head around calling the 2 folks that without a doubt are contractually and with their very license to practice on your side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM
 
24 posts, read 67,463 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
maybe someone else will be able to benefit or learn from your experience.

I sure hope that any of my clients that find themselves in such a situation call me much faster. You took a long time - somewhat understandably - before you've been able to wrap your head around calling the 2 folks that without a doubt are contractually and with their very license to practice on your side.

Well just moving here from another state i had no idea where to turn, my husband had dealt with all the people here before i moved here, my husband never wants a conflict of any sort to arise in any situation, he would have done anything they asked, and they knew they had an easy target with him. I on the other hand, I am very different, I want to know all that is going on with our money.


I wish I would have asked questions a lot earlier, my head was left spinning around and around every time i spoke to these men, they are really good at what they do.

I just assumed everyone involved was on the same page as the lender, consultant, and contractor, when they all 3 verbally abused me along this process I thought I was the one doing something wrong. It just did not sit right with me, so i did not sign the closing paperwork, now i am getting calls from the consultant EVERY day and telling me to close this before the 27th or I will default on my loan, you can hear him laughing in the conversation.

We knew exactly what we were getting into when we bought our house, the plan was all laid out for us, it was the contractor and the consultant who changed the game plan. I want everyone to know who we are dealing with but I do not want to say anything before our case is settled, because it could set off another firestorm if these crooks have knowledge beforehand and change their patters of lies.

I do appreciate your expertise, I have been helped so much by your advice.

Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2014, 08:23 AM
 
24 posts, read 67,463 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofcanton View Post
Well just moving here from another state i had no idea where to turn, my husband had dealt with all the people here before i moved here, my husband never wants a conflict of any sort to arise in any situation, he would have done anything they asked, and they knew they had an easy target with him. I on the other hand, I am very different, I want to know all that is going on with our money.


I wish I would have asked questions a lot earlier, my head was left spinning around and around every time i spoke to these men, they are really good at what they do.

I just assumed everyone involved was on the same page as the lender, consultant, and contractor, when they all 3 verbally abused me along this process I thought I was the one doing something wrong. It just did not sit right with me, so i did not sign the closing paperwork, now i am getting calls from the consultant EVERY day and telling me to close this before the 27th or I will default on my loan, you can hear him laughing in the conversation.

We knew exactly what we were getting into when we bought our house, the plan was all laid out for us, it was the contractor and the consultant who changed the game plan. I want everyone to know who we are dealing with but I do not want to say anything before our case is settled, because it could set off another firestorm if these crooks have knowledge beforehand and change their patters of lies.

I do appreciate your expertise, I have been helped so much by your advice.

Thank you very much.
What happens if we do not close out this 203K Loan and we do default in our loan. What happens next, Do we lose our home? We are making monthly mortgage payments, but I hear this loan is separate and with the contractor. What exactly does that mean? Does he control whether we have a home or not? This is something everyone needs to know, I have searched and searched for answers to our situation but it is like no one talks about this stuff, is there some kind of gag order out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2014, 03:14 PM
 
2 posts, read 6,345 times
Reputation: 11
If you did the Standard/Full 203k, you can ask your lender (the bank/lender that currently holds/services your mortgage) for an extension as extensions can be permitted on the Standard/Full 203k but not typically on the Streamline 203k. Just make certain you receive the extension permission in writing and then hire a Certified 203k Contractor or contact the 203k Contractor Program for help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2014, 08:27 AM
 
24 posts, read 67,463 times
Reputation: 20
Default Update!!!

I got a call back from closing attorney, not wanting to get involved he led me to a couple of strangers out of the phone book, I hired my own attorney. I called the realtor, she was shocked at first, [promised to come over and view the house, she never called or showed up as planned. I feel she is in knee deep too, she swore that the mortgage guy never called her. I doubt that because he is her friend. Did however take the advice of my attorney and got a licensed GC to come in a go line by line on the work write up and document all that was not done, and what a huge surprise he has ran into this group before as they pulled this on another homeowner and got fired. this GC was hired to go in after them and fix their mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
768 posts, read 3,932,216 times
Reputation: 455
I'm seething just reading about this situation. Definitely heed the advice of your own attorney, but if I was in your shoes, after all was said and done and I was happy with the outcome... I'd be reporting the consultant to HUD, the contractor to the state's licensing board, and the mortgage lender & loan officer to the CFPB, HUD & whoever licenses them. None of those people have any business working with consumers. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM
 
Location: MID ATLANTIC
7,519 posts, read 17,286,639 times
Reputation: 7945
File a complaint immediately! They've screwed thing up so badly with all the regulation overkill, we dream that they are there for your situation:

Submit a complaint > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 AM
 
24 posts, read 67,463 times
Reputation: 20
Default Seething as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanetheMortgageMan View Post
I'm seething just reading about this situation. Definitely heed the advice of your own attorney, but if I was in your shoes, after all was said and done and I was happy with the outcome... I'd be reporting the consultant to HUD, the contractor to the state's licensing board, and the mortgage lender & loan officer to the CFPB, HUD & whoever licenses them. None of those people have any business working with consumers. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you in the end.

I am sick about this; I have already reported the consultant and the lender to HUD, they are investigating everything I gave them, I hired an attorney but the other side has one too, the wife of the man who is stealing from us. they have placed a lien on our house and they plan to file papers to sue us on 3/10. I have researched so many things and I cannot figure out how they can prove their case. HUD should give me their answer next week. I called the contractor license office and told them and they were no help, going to call them back and speak with someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 AM
 
24 posts, read 67,463 times
Reputation: 20
Default complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
File a complaint immediately! They've screwed thing up so badly with all the regulation overkill, we dream that they are there for your situation:

Submit a complaint > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

I am going to call these people, and see what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 06:54 AM
 
24 posts, read 67,463 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofcanton View Post
I am going to call these people, and see what they say.

I called and filed the complaint against the mortgage company, but this issue has many layers of people involved....I suppose I have to start somewhere...Right? No one should ever have to deal with these kinds of things, but there are people out there who make thievery their full time job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top