Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,396 times

Advertisements

With the recent increase to the income limit for USDA home loans in PA, my wife and I are trying to switch off of FHA to go for the USDA loan for our first home. Our broker said it looked like we would qualify, but when the lender did the calculation they said we are $47 over the limit. It is that close. This happened because my wife got overtime in 2013 and even though she is not going to receive as much this year, they still calculate the worst. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how we could lower our anticipated income by $47. Additionally, we have a baby coming in June who is already enrolled in daycare for September at $800 a month. Some people have mentioned that I may be able to get a letter from the daycare to confirm our anticipated expense to lower our income, but our broker says they need to be in daycare already. Any advice is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 01:16 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,315,490 times
Where are you over? Are you over the Total Debt Ratio, or are you over the USDA Income Limit?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,396 times
We are over the income limit. They are predicting that my wife is going to make more than she probably will based on some overtime she got in January that she doesn't normally get, causing us to be over by $47. I'm sort of at my wit's end because to go to FHA not only requires most of our savings as a down payment, but is $150 more a month just due to the high mortgage insurance payments.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:16 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,315,490 times
Your wife needs to take time off of work to bring that average down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages