U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 02:00 PM

68,888 posts, read 49,568,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
I didnt state that. 'FORMER LTL' did.

I did state however that I havent worked since Mar/April.

Please view AHM latest job openings..and tell me why they closed the same week also?

I also stated that my friends from LTL have mentioned this to me.....

Like I said...why dont you go there Monday Morning, and see how many workers show up to work???

Get a grip!
You didnt say what? My last posting went to FormerLTL, follow along..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 02:02 PM

5,137 posts, read 14,640,752 times
ok didnt see that.

go to mortgage implode...send an email to randall.

He's one of the site admins.

He has spoken to LTL, and will speak to them again concerning the Charlotte Branch.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
ok didnt see that.

go to mortgage implode...send an email to randall.

He's one of the site admins.

He has spoken to LTL, and will speak to them again concerning the Charlotte Branch.
I did better then that.. I went to the stockholders website of the parent company and not one mention of lendingtree closing branches.. something they are REQUIRED by law to disclose.

I'm a little confused.. are you getting your news from your friends? Or mortgage implode?

Old 12-08-2007, 02:05 PM

reallly??

well I did even BETTER than that.

I went to the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks website to pull up the license in NC.

It looks like the branch manager is still there......the question is...why has he been working at another company for about a month...and his name is still listed as a branch manager????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I did better then that.. I went to the stockholders website of the parent company and not one mention of lendingtree closing branches.. something they are REQUIRED by law to disclose.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
reallly??

well I did even BETTER than that.

I went to the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks website to pull up the license in NC.

It looks like the branch manager is still there......the question is...why has he been working at another company for about a month...and his name is still listed as a branch manager????
Not sure what proof that is because.. did the office close a month ago or a few days ago? Obviously if he started a month ago at another business that the state website has not been updated in atleast a month.

Your asking me to take it at face value that three offices have laid off 500+ workers in 3+ cities for one of the top lending leads business in the country and not one news story anywhere has been written about it.

Until I see one statement by either company, one news story from ANY NEWS source (other then the one source I see stating its being spun off IAC to spin off LendingTree - Charlotte - Local Business News - Portfolio.com (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cacheHbSwoaSs3EJ:www.portfolio.com/news-markets/local-news/charlotte/2007/11/05/iac-to-spin-off-lendingtree+charlotte+lendingtree+closes&hl=en&ct= clnk&cd=7&gl=us - broken link)).. this is nothing more then a rumor.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:20 PM

Funny that Lendingtree issues a press release just 12/7, from the Charlotte branch.. I thought no one was left? Additional fact.. if Charlotte is closed.. where is the Corporate office now?

Press release..
LendingTree Fed Rate Forecast: Chief Economist Predicts Third Interest Rate Cut this Year

[CENTER]CHARLOTTE, N.C., December 7, 2007 – The next Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting will take place on Tuesday, December 11. LendingTree Loans Chief Economist Jim Svinth forecasts a rate decrease of 50 basis points, which is the third interest rate cut for 2007.
Svinth states, “Given the slow motion decline of the housing and financial markets, the Fed will in all likelihood drop the target Fed Funds rate by .50% at the December 11 meeting.”
Svinth adds, “The ramifications to the domestic and global economies if the FOMC were to do nothing at next week’s meeting are huge. In the same vain, lowering rates by only .25% is simply not enough. Recent comments made by Fed members indicate they understand the current risks and therefore will take further action on Tuesday with a drop of .50%.”
A rate cut on December 11 will be the third rate cut for the FOMC following a pause campaign that has been in effect since August 8, 2006.
Note to Editors: Jim Svinth is available for print, radio and broadcast interviews – live or taped.
About LendingTree, LLC
LendingTree, LLC is the nation’s number one online lending exchange, providing a marketplace that connects consumers with multiple lenders that compete for their business. Since inception, LendingTree has facilitated more than 23 million loan requests and $185 billion in closed loan transactions. LendingTree provides access to mortgages and refinance loans, home equity loans/lines of credit, auto loans, personal loans, credit cards and high-yield savings accounts via www.lendingtree.com and 800-555-TREE.
Launched in 1998 with headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, LendingTree, LLC also owns and operates LendingTree Loans sm, LendingTree Settlement Services, LLC, GetSmart®, and HomeLoanCenter.com. LendingTree, LLC is an operating company of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
[/CENTER]

Old 12-08-2007, 02:21 PM

12/5/07 press release (thought again, no one left)

LendingTree.com Offers Tips to Use Credit Cards Wisely During the Holiday Season

[CENTER]CHARLOTTE, N.C., December 5, 2007 – With the holiday season in full swing, it’s easy to spend more than you should. Credit cards are just one way that people can overextend themselves. But used wisely, they can be a great tool. Learning how to properly use a credit card can help prevent unwanted debt, especially as we start the New Year.
Here are some helpful tips on how to use credit cards the right way:
• Start with just one. It’s easy to let your spending get out of control when you have access to many credit cards. Instead, start small. Opt for just one credit card until you have established good credit habits.
• Watch the due date. It’s important to pay your credit card bill on time. Not only can a late payment hurt your credit rating, it can also end up costing you more. If you carry a balance from month to month, you may be charged interest, which only adds to the total amount you owe.
• Build a credit history. When used properly, credit cards can help you build a strong credit history that will enable you to get additional loans down the road. Using a credit card for only necessary expenses (like gas) over discretionary spending (like clothing) will help you build excellent credit, while at the same time keeping your spending in check.
• Stay within your limit. Just because you can charge a certain amount to your credit card doesn’t mean you should. Look at your monthly income and expenses to determine how much you can afford to spend each month. Then be sure to not charge over that amount.
For more tips on how to use credit cards wisely, please visit the LendingTree Smart Borrowing Center.
About LendingTree, LLC
LendingTree, LLC is the nation’s number one online lending exchange, providing a marketplace that connects consumers with multiple lenders that compete for their business. Since inception, LendingTree has facilitated more than 23 million loan requests and $185 billion in closed loan transactions. LendingTree provides access to mortgages and refinance loans, home equity loans/lines of credit, auto loans, personal loans, credit cards and high-yield savings accounts via www.lendingtree.com and 800-555-TREE.
Launched in 1998 with headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, LendingTree, LLC also owns and operates LendingTree Loans sm, LendingTree Settlement Services, LLC, GetSmart®, and HomeLoanCenter.com. LendingTree, LLC is an operating company of IAC.
[/CENTER]

Old 12-08-2007, 02:23 PM

my point is that NCCOB requires a Branch manager if one leaves.
They (NCCOB) update their website EVERYDAY! You can't run a branch w/out having a Branch Mgr here in NC.
When a new employee is submitted to the NCCOB it appears in about 1hour.
For a lender to display an employee that ISNT working there anymore isnt as bad as reporting their BM as a person who is still there...when he in fact has been somewhere else.

Anyway it doesnt affect you in anyway...and I also mentioned that Charlotte was closing ..and nobody knew what was going on with Irvine.

Stop making up stuff as you go

I would love to know the number in Charlotte that you called.......

Quote:
Funny that Lendingtree issues a press release just 12/7, from the Charlotte branch.. I thought no one was left? Additional fact.. if Charlotte is closed.. where is the Corporate office now?

Press release..
LendingTree Fed Rate Forecast: Chief Economist Predicts Third Interest Rate Cut this Year

[CENTER]CHARLOTTE, N.C., December 7, 2007 – The next Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting will take place on Tuesday, December 11. LendingTree Loans Chief Economist Jim Svinth forecasts a rate decrease of 50 basis points, which is the third interest rate cut for 2007.
Svinth states, “Given the slow motion decline of the housing and financial markets, the Fed will in all likelihood drop the target Fed Funds rate by .50% at the December 11 meeting.”
Svinth adds, “The ramifications to the domestic and global economies if the FOMC were to do nothing at next week’s meeting are huge. In the same vain, lowering rates by only .25% is simply not enough. Recent comments made by Fed members indicate they understand the current risks and therefore will take further action on Tuesday with a drop of .50%.”
A rate cut on December 11 will be the third rate cut for the FOMC following a pause campaign that has been in effect since August 8, 2006.
Note to Editors: Jim Svinth is available for print, radio and broadcast interviews – live or taped.
About LendingTree, LLC
Launched in 1998 with headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, LendingTree, LLC also owns and operates LendingTree Loans sm, LendingTree Settlement Services, LLC, GetSmart®, and HomeLoanCenter.com. LendingTree, LLC is an operating company of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
[/CENTER]

Last edited by renriq02; 12-08-2007 at 02:34 PM..

Old 12-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
my point is that NCCOB requires a Branch manager if one leaves.
They (NCCOB) update their website EVERYDAY! You can't run a branch w/out having a Branch Mgr here in NC.
When a new employee is submitted to the NCCOB it appears in about 1hour.
For a lender to display an employee that ISNT working there anymore isnt as bad as reporting their BM as a person who is still there...when he in fact has been somewhere else.

Anyway it doesnt affect you in anyway...and I also mentioned that Charlotte was closing ..and nobody knew what was going on with Irvine.

Stop making up stuff as you go

I would love to know the number in Charlotte that you called.......
Funny how this forum started over what is a rumor, and I'm the one being accused of making stuff up.

Since it appears your accusing me of making up press releases.. (oh brother)
https://secure.lendingtree.com/stm3/...l.asp?PRID=608 is the link.

I'll show you my links with proof if you show me yours, just tell me what part you believe is made up..

As for what number.. 1800-555-tree, ext 0.. first question I asked.. can I ask what branch I'm calling.. Answer.. Charlotte.. I CALLED TWICE..

Old 12-08-2007, 02:42 PM

you're accusing me of making this stuff up and I have clearly mentioned that employees from LTL have told me this.

Also, you place my username as a person who is making up rumors on other forums.
You also mentioned that you called someone..and it was in Charlotte!

You obviously need a lesson in being polite, and not think everyone is lying. I wrote that you should wait before the news comes out, but you continue to persist that I'm lying. You started accusing here so dont act like a victim.

There are a lot of things you dont know, and maybe a reason why dont you know! A lot of mortgage professionals speak about the companies going out of business, and know that some companies are goofing up.

What is the number that you called?

Quote:
Funny how this forum started over what is a rumor, and I'm the one being accused of making stuff up.

I'll show you my links with proof if you show me yours, just tell me what part you believe is made up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages